Aug 8, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
Rasheed Wallace is on the fence about retirement — last year was physically hard for him, but the chance to come back with a team to make one more run at a title has to be a big temptation.
Shaquille O’Neal — the newest member of the Celtics frontcourt, told Comcast Sports New England he wants him back.
“I know Rasheed is thinking about coming back,” said O’Neal, who was in attendance at a charity basketball game in Orlando, Fla. “Rasheed, go on and come back for one or two more years.”
Players always want more good players on their team — but Boston’s frontcourt is already pretty crowded.
Kevin Garnett and Jermaine O’Neal will be your starters. Shaq will come in off the bench for the other O’Neal, Glen Davis will spell KG. So in that scenario, there are already pretty limited minutes for Sheed, but there are some. However, how many shots are there for him? Not many.
Then what happens when Kendrick Perkins returns around the All-Star Game? Wallace would be cut back heavily.
The Celtics would love to have Sheed back in that role (even the fans seem willing to take him back in a more limited role than he had last year). But does Sheed himself want to chase a ring largely as a spectator for a year? Would he be happy with the limited minutes and role he would have? That’s the question only he can answer and would guide his return.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 18
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona