Aug 8, 2010, 7:48 PM EST
Turns out there is one other person who can put together a superteam besides Pat Riley.
President Barack Obama summoned some of the biggest stars in the NBA to play a special game for wounded troops, according to the Associated press.
Playing were LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony as well as legends Bill Russell and Magic Johnson. University of Connecticut star women’s team player Maya Moore was also part of the event.
There aren’t a lot of details from the event as reporters were shut out of the event. Which means a couple of things most likely — Obama talked some trash, and the troops had a good time. The second part is the only important part.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 16
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11