Aug 8, 2010, 7:48 PM EDT
Turns out there is one other person who can put together a superteam besides Pat Riley.
President Barack Obama summoned some of the biggest stars in the NBA to play a special game for wounded troops, according to the Associated press.
Playing were LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony as well as legends Bill Russell and Magic Johnson. University of Connecticut star women’s team player Maya Moore was also part of the event.
There aren’t a lot of details from the event as reporters were shut out of the event. Which means a couple of things most likely — Obama talked some trash, and the troops had a good time. The second part is the only important part.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 10
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 43
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11