Aug 8, 2010, 7:48 PM EDT
Turns out there is one other person who can put together a superteam besides Pat Riley.
President Barack Obama summoned some of the biggest stars in the NBA to play a special game for wounded troops, according to the Associated press.
Playing were LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony as well as legends Bill Russell and Magic Johnson. University of Connecticut star women’s team player Maya Moore was also part of the event.
There aren’t a lot of details from the event as reporters were shut out of the event. Which means a couple of things most likely — Obama talked some trash, and the troops had a good time. The second part is the only important part.
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 2
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clipper’s Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 9
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 15
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35