Aug 8, 2010, 7:48 PM EDT
Turns out there is one other person who can put together a superteam besides Pat Riley.
President Barack Obama summoned some of the biggest stars in the NBA to play a special game for wounded troops, according to the Associated press.
Playing were LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony as well as legends Bill Russell and Magic Johnson. University of Connecticut star women’s team player Maya Moore was also part of the event.
There aren’t a lot of details from the event as reporters were shut out of the event. Which means a couple of things most likely — Obama talked some trash, and the troops had a good time. The second part is the only important part.
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 11
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9