Aug 8, 2010, 3:34 PM EDT
Joel Przybilla was part of the horrific wave of injuries the Blazers faced last year. After he broke his patella, the same injury that felled Greg Oden, he slipped in the shower and re-injured it. Most thought he would be out until at least the beginning of the new year.
“I can’t believe how far I’ve come. I would hope by mid September I’ll
start going much harder on the court. They want me to get to the point
where I can jump, and land, comfortably. We’re shooting for me being
ready to roll on opening night. It’s a realistic goal and it’s all I’m
thinking about right now.”
Pretty stunning stuff considering the severity of his injury. The question will be what role Przybilla will be returning to. Greg Oden is still considered the center of the future, though that dream is dying a slow, injury-plagued death, and Marcus Camby is the starter. Przybilla played well for the Blazers and is a quality center, but may not have a place on the rotation to return to.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 40
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18