Aug 8, 2010, 3:34 PM EST
Joel Przybilla was part of the horrific wave of injuries the Blazers faced last year. After he broke his patella, the same injury that felled Greg Oden, he slipped in the shower and re-injured it. Most thought he would be out until at least the beginning of the new year.
“I can’t believe how far I’ve come. I would hope by mid September I’ll
start going much harder on the court. They want me to get to the point
where I can jump, and land, comfortably. We’re shooting for me being
ready to roll on opening night. It’s a realistic goal and it’s all I’m
thinking about right now.”
Pretty stunning stuff considering the severity of his injury. The question will be what role Przybilla will be returning to. Greg Oden is still considered the center of the future, though that dream is dying a slow, injury-plagued death, and Marcus Camby is the starter. Przybilla played well for the Blazers and is a quality center, but may not have a place on the rotation to return to.
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 12
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 14
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 24
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 35
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 18