Aug 8, 2010, 3:34 PM EDT
Joel Przybilla was part of the horrific wave of injuries the Blazers faced last year. After he broke his patella, the same injury that felled Greg Oden, he slipped in the shower and re-injured it. Most thought he would be out until at least the beginning of the new year.
“I can’t believe how far I’ve come. I would hope by mid September I’ll
start going much harder on the court. They want me to get to the point
where I can jump, and land, comfortably. We’re shooting for me being
ready to roll on opening night. It’s a realistic goal and it’s all I’m
thinking about right now.”
Pretty stunning stuff considering the severity of his injury. The question will be what role Przybilla will be returning to. Greg Oden is still considered the center of the future, though that dream is dying a slow, injury-plagued death, and Marcus Camby is the starter. Przybilla played well for the Blazers and is a quality center, but may not have a place on the rotation to return to.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 9
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 22
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 56
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 48
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65