Aug 7, 2010, 9:36 PM EST
Allright, so we talked earlier about how Tracy McGrady didn’t have any options and was out in the cold. No luck. No go. Iverson’d.
Okay, so maybe not.
Draft Express, at the NC Pro-Am today, is reporting via Twitter that McGrady has signed with the Pistons for a one-year deal. Hurray! Tracy’s journey is finally over and he can sail into the sunset on a big, aging-winged, sub-.500 vessel.
Well, okay, maybe not. Again.
Dave Pemberton of the Oakland Press (as opposed to the Oakland Tribune which is in the Oakland you’re probably thinking of) in Michigan reports that Joe Dumars has stated nothing is final, saying “discussing it, definitely not signed.”
So the Pistons are definitely in discussions about adding McGrady, and somebody at the Pro Am is talking. McGrady would add.. well… very little of what they need. But he’s probably at the minimum, so this wouldn’t hurt. And if McGrady can add some bench scoring, that’s probably a good thing.
It’s definitely not McGrady’s first choice, looking to win a championship. But it’s a job. And he gets to go out playing, so that’s something.
We’ll keep you updated if the Pistons ink the dotted line.
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 45
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 24
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 13
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 14
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10