Aug 7, 2010, 9:36 PM EDT
Allright, so we talked earlier about how Tracy McGrady didn’t have any options and was out in the cold. No luck. No go. Iverson’d.
Okay, so maybe not.
Draft Express, at the NC Pro-Am today, is reporting via Twitter that McGrady has signed with the Pistons for a one-year deal. Hurray! Tracy’s journey is finally over and he can sail into the sunset on a big, aging-winged, sub-.500 vessel.
Well, okay, maybe not. Again.
Dave Pemberton of the Oakland Press (as opposed to the Oakland Tribune which is in the Oakland you’re probably thinking of) in Michigan reports that Joe Dumars has stated nothing is final, saying “discussing it, definitely not signed.”
So the Pistons are definitely in discussions about adding McGrady, and somebody at the Pro Am is talking. McGrady would add.. well… very little of what they need. But he’s probably at the minimum, so this wouldn’t hurt. And if McGrady can add some bench scoring, that’s probably a good thing.
It’s definitely not McGrady’s first choice, looking to win a championship. But it’s a job. And he gets to go out playing, so that’s something.
We’ll keep you updated if the Pistons ink the dotted line.
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 33
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 5
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8