Aug 7, 2010, 9:36 PM EST
Allright, so we talked earlier about how Tracy McGrady didn’t have any options and was out in the cold. No luck. No go. Iverson’d.
Okay, so maybe not.
Draft Express, at the NC Pro-Am today, is reporting via Twitter that McGrady has signed with the Pistons for a one-year deal. Hurray! Tracy’s journey is finally over and he can sail into the sunset on a big, aging-winged, sub-.500 vessel.
Well, okay, maybe not. Again.
Dave Pemberton of the Oakland Press (as opposed to the Oakland Tribune which is in the Oakland you’re probably thinking of) in Michigan reports that Joe Dumars has stated nothing is final, saying “discussing it, definitely not signed.”
So the Pistons are definitely in discussions about adding McGrady, and somebody at the Pro Am is talking. McGrady would add.. well… very little of what they need. But he’s probably at the minimum, so this wouldn’t hurt. And if McGrady can add some bench scoring, that’s probably a good thing.
It’s definitely not McGrady’s first choice, looking to win a championship. But it’s a job. And he gets to go out playing, so that’s something.
We’ll keep you updated if the Pistons ink the dotted line.
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 6
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 7
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 5
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29