Aug 7, 2010, 9:36 PM EDT
Allright, so we talked earlier about how Tracy McGrady didn’t have any options and was out in the cold. No luck. No go. Iverson’d.
Okay, so maybe not.
Draft Express, at the NC Pro-Am today, is reporting via Twitter that McGrady has signed with the Pistons for a one-year deal. Hurray! Tracy’s journey is finally over and he can sail into the sunset on a big, aging-winged, sub-.500 vessel.
Well, okay, maybe not. Again.
Dave Pemberton of the Oakland Press (as opposed to the Oakland Tribune which is in the Oakland you’re probably thinking of) in Michigan reports that Joe Dumars has stated nothing is final, saying “discussing it, definitely not signed.”
So the Pistons are definitely in discussions about adding McGrady, and somebody at the Pro Am is talking. McGrady would add.. well… very little of what they need. But he’s probably at the minimum, so this wouldn’t hurt. And if McGrady can add some bench scoring, that’s probably a good thing.
It’s definitely not McGrady’s first choice, looking to win a championship. But it’s a job. And he gets to go out playing, so that’s something.
We’ll keep you updated if the Pistons ink the dotted line.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 1
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 12
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36