Aug 7, 2010, 9:36 PM EDT
Allright, so we talked earlier about how Tracy McGrady didn’t have any options and was out in the cold. No luck. No go. Iverson’d.
Okay, so maybe not.
Draft Express, at the NC Pro-Am today, is reporting via Twitter that McGrady has signed with the Pistons for a one-year deal. Hurray! Tracy’s journey is finally over and he can sail into the sunset on a big, aging-winged, sub-.500 vessel.
Well, okay, maybe not. Again.
Dave Pemberton of the Oakland Press (as opposed to the Oakland Tribune which is in the Oakland you’re probably thinking of) in Michigan reports that Joe Dumars has stated nothing is final, saying “discussing it, definitely not signed.”
So the Pistons are definitely in discussions about adding McGrady, and somebody at the Pro Am is talking. McGrady would add.. well… very little of what they need. But he’s probably at the minimum, so this wouldn’t hurt. And if McGrady can add some bench scoring, that’s probably a good thing.
It’s definitely not McGrady’s first choice, looking to win a championship. But it’s a job. And he gets to go out playing, so that’s something.
We’ll keep you updated if the Pistons ink the dotted line.
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 3
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 41
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 53
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44