Aug 7, 2010, 4:31 PM EDT
Most highly scouted. Most highly recruited. Most highly ranked. Most hyped.
Harrison Barnes is widely considered next year’s No.1 overall pick in the NBA draft. The 6-8, 210 lb. freshman out of UNC announced his college of choice via Skype at a press conference last year and continues to be the most watched name among scouts.
At the Greater NC Pro-Am, Kyrie Irving has stolen the show, scoring 35 points in his debut and looking very much like the Duke college player he is.
But Barnes’ little mixtape? It’s not bad either. Get acquainted, and notice how Barnes’ game and body is already fit for the NBA. If we didn’t force ourselves to go through a ridiculous charade of pretending like the NCAA is anything but a money making scam off the backs of athletes, Barnes would already be suiting up for an NBA team.
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 3
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 12
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 18
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8