Aug 7, 2010, 4:31 PM EDT
Most highly scouted. Most highly recruited. Most highly ranked. Most hyped.
Harrison Barnes is widely considered next year’s No.1 overall pick in the NBA draft. The 6-8, 210 lb. freshman out of UNC announced his college of choice via Skype at a press conference last year and continues to be the most watched name among scouts.
At the Greater NC Pro-Am, Kyrie Irving has stolen the show, scoring 35 points in his debut and looking very much like the Duke college player he is.
But Barnes’ little mixtape? It’s not bad either. Get acquainted, and notice how Barnes’ game and body is already fit for the NBA. If we didn’t force ourselves to go through a ridiculous charade of pretending like the NCAA is anything but a money making scam off the backs of athletes, Barnes would already be suiting up for an NBA team.
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 0
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 7
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 3
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 24
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 12