Aug 6, 2010, 9:17 AM EDT
The New Jersey Nets have signed forward Sean May to a one-year deal, according to Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
What that really means: You are going to see a lot of Derrick Favors for the Nets.
The Nets have not really brought in a guy who can backup Favors for extended minutes. They are going to force feed the somewhat raw Favors and have him learn on the job. And learn the hard way.
May is not going to provide much, unless he has turned his career around. He missed the 07-08 season with microfracture surgery and since his return he has battled weight issues as well. Last season he appeared in just 37 games for the Kings and was not impressive when he did get in.
If he can return to his rookie form he could make a solid backup, but the smart bet is that you will see a lot more of Favors.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 11
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 38
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 22
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 100
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27