Aug 6, 2010, 9:17 AM EDT
The New Jersey Nets have signed forward Sean May to a one-year deal, according to Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
What that really means: You are going to see a lot of Derrick Favors for the Nets.
The Nets have not really brought in a guy who can backup Favors for extended minutes. They are going to force feed the somewhat raw Favors and have him learn on the job. And learn the hard way.
May is not going to provide much, unless he has turned his career around. He missed the 07-08 season with microfracture surgery and since his return he has battled weight issues as well. Last season he appeared in just 37 games for the Kings and was not impressive when he did get in.
If he can return to his rookie form he could make a solid backup, but the smart bet is that you will see a lot more of Favors.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 16
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 18
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4