Aug 6, 2010, 4:26 PM EDT
Classic. Got to love Anthony Tolliver.
Tolliver has agreed to a two-year deal with Minnesota worth up to $4.8 million. It had been down to Minnesota and Golden State, and while Tolliver had said he preferred the Bay Area if the money was significantly more he was going to take the money.
Minnesota and David Kahn has made a good pick up.
I may have to turn in my official NBA blogger membership card and decoder ring for that statement, but I’ll stand by it.
Tolliver was a Don Nelson favorite last year but should be paired with a rebounding, do-the-dirty-work partner on the front line, because he does not do those things. He will stretch the floor and score. Tolliver was most effective last season when he got the ball on cuts — he shot 72 percent on those plays (according to Synergy Sports). In the triangle offense, Tolliver should have the chance to move off the ball and get passes from one of two good passing big men, Kevin Love or Dark Milicic.
The challenge for Timberwolves coach Kurt Rambis will be finding frontcourt pairings on what can be an odd and mixed up roster. Darko Milicic may start at center (although Nikola Pekovic probably should), but then in the mix is Love, Michael Beasley, Kosta Koufos, Oleksiy Pecherov and now Tolliver. Have fun with that Kurt.
But Tolliver is a guy who Minnesota fans will like, and could find a good home there.
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 0
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 20
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 17
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead