Aug 6, 2010, 4:26 PM EST
Classic. Got to love Anthony Tolliver.
Tolliver has agreed to a two-year deal with Minnesota worth up to $4.8 million. It had been down to Minnesota and Golden State, and while Tolliver had said he preferred the Bay Area if the money was significantly more he was going to take the money.
Minnesota and David Kahn has made a good pick up.
I may have to turn in my official NBA blogger membership card and decoder ring for that statement, but I’ll stand by it.
Tolliver was a Don Nelson favorite last year but should be paired with a rebounding, do-the-dirty-work partner on the front line, because he does not do those things. He will stretch the floor and score. Tolliver was most effective last season when he got the ball on cuts — he shot 72 percent on those plays (according to Synergy Sports). In the triangle offense, Tolliver should have the chance to move off the ball and get passes from one of two good passing big men, Kevin Love or Dark Milicic.
The challenge for Timberwolves coach Kurt Rambis will be finding frontcourt pairings on what can be an odd and mixed up roster. Darko Milicic may start at center (although Nikola Pekovic probably should), but then in the mix is Love, Michael Beasley, Kosta Koufos, Oleksiy Pecherov and now Tolliver. Have fun with that Kurt.
But Tolliver is a guy who Minnesota fans will like, and could find a good home there.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 16
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 61
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13