Aug 6, 2010, 4:26 PM EDT
Classic. Got to love Anthony Tolliver.
Tolliver has agreed to a two-year deal with Minnesota worth up to $4.8 million. It had been down to Minnesota and Golden State, and while Tolliver had said he preferred the Bay Area if the money was significantly more he was going to take the money.
Minnesota and David Kahn has made a good pick up.
I may have to turn in my official NBA blogger membership card and decoder ring for that statement, but I’ll stand by it.
Tolliver was a Don Nelson favorite last year but should be paired with a rebounding, do-the-dirty-work partner on the front line, because he does not do those things. He will stretch the floor and score. Tolliver was most effective last season when he got the ball on cuts — he shot 72 percent on those plays (according to Synergy Sports). In the triangle offense, Tolliver should have the chance to move off the ball and get passes from one of two good passing big men, Kevin Love or Dark Milicic.
The challenge for Timberwolves coach Kurt Rambis will be finding frontcourt pairings on what can be an odd and mixed up roster. Darko Milicic may start at center (although Nikola Pekovic probably should), but then in the mix is Love, Michael Beasley, Kosta Koufos, Oleksiy Pecherov and now Tolliver. Have fun with that Kurt.
But Tolliver is a guy who Minnesota fans will like, and could find a good home there.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16