Aug 5, 2010, 9:20 PM EST
The Utah Jazz made official tonight what everybody has known for a very long time — Jerry Sloan will be back for season 23 as the coach of the Utah Jazz. Yup, nobody saw that coming.
Jazz general manager Kevin O’Connor also agreed to a contract extension (details of the deal were not released). This newcomer has only been with the Jazz for a dozen years, but this summer pulled off getting Al Jefferson and Raja Bell to replace players who left via free agency. When the Jazz are good again next season, he is the reason.
Get good people, then let them do their jobs. There’s a reason the Jazz have been good for a very long time. Look at the other top teams in the league (Lakers, Spurs, Celtics, even the Heat) and you see that same pattern. Not a coincidence.
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19