Aug 5, 2010, 9:20 PM EDT
The Utah Jazz made official tonight what everybody has known for a very long time — Jerry Sloan will be back for season 23 as the coach of the Utah Jazz. Yup, nobody saw that coming.
Jazz general manager Kevin O’Connor also agreed to a contract extension (details of the deal were not released). This newcomer has only been with the Jazz for a dozen years, but this summer pulled off getting Al Jefferson and Raja Bell to replace players who left via free agency. When the Jazz are good again next season, he is the reason.
Get good people, then let them do their jobs. There’s a reason the Jazz have been good for a very long time. Look at the other top teams in the league (Lakers, Spurs, Celtics, even the Heat) and you see that same pattern. Not a coincidence.
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 6
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 19
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 46
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 20
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22