Aug 5, 2010, 9:20 PM EDT
The Utah Jazz made official tonight what everybody has known for a very long time — Jerry Sloan will be back for season 23 as the coach of the Utah Jazz. Yup, nobody saw that coming.
Jazz general manager Kevin O’Connor also agreed to a contract extension (details of the deal were not released). This newcomer has only been with the Jazz for a dozen years, but this summer pulled off getting Al Jefferson and Raja Bell to replace players who left via free agency. When the Jazz are good again next season, he is the reason.
Get good people, then let them do their jobs. There’s a reason the Jazz have been good for a very long time. Look at the other top teams in the league (Lakers, Spurs, Celtics, even the Heat) and you see that same pattern. Not a coincidence.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 15
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 44
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 53
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11