Aug 5, 2010, 9:20 PM EST
The Utah Jazz made official tonight what everybody has known for a very long time — Jerry Sloan will be back for season 23 as the coach of the Utah Jazz. Yup, nobody saw that coming.
Jazz general manager Kevin O’Connor also agreed to a contract extension (details of the deal were not released). This newcomer has only been with the Jazz for a dozen years, but this summer pulled off getting Al Jefferson and Raja Bell to replace players who left via free agency. When the Jazz are good again next season, he is the reason.
Get good people, then let them do their jobs. There’s a reason the Jazz have been good for a very long time. Look at the other top teams in the league (Lakers, Spurs, Celtics, even the Heat) and you see that same pattern. Not a coincidence.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 7
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 24
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)