Aug 5, 2010, 9:20 PM EDT
The Utah Jazz made official tonight what everybody has known for a very long time — Jerry Sloan will be back for season 23 as the coach of the Utah Jazz. Yup, nobody saw that coming.
Jazz general manager Kevin O’Connor also agreed to a contract extension (details of the deal were not released). This newcomer has only been with the Jazz for a dozen years, but this summer pulled off getting Al Jefferson and Raja Bell to replace players who left via free agency. When the Jazz are good again next season, he is the reason.
Get good people, then let them do their jobs. There’s a reason the Jazz have been good for a very long time. Look at the other top teams in the league (Lakers, Spurs, Celtics, even the Heat) and you see that same pattern. Not a coincidence.
- Ginobili, Duncan, Popovich dance around questions about Spurs’ future 2
- Reports: Stephen Curry to be named MVP Monday 29
- Hawks start hot, finish cold, Wizards take Game 1 on road 104-98. 7
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 4
- Adjusting for playoff rotations round two: Watch out for the Wizards 2
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 20
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 28
- Report: Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy won’t be suspended for Game 1 against Cavaliers 22