Facebook comments about the Lakers lead to a fight at a kindergarten graduation. Sadly, we're serious.

Aug 5, 2010, 10:05 AM EDT

And you wonder where Laker fans get the reputation as being idiots and fools…

fighting.jpgAbout 20 parents got into a fight at a Victorville, Calif., kindergarten graduation event, according to the Victorville Valley Daily Press. An old-west style saloon fight at a kindergarten graduation — some kids really start life behind the 8 ball thanks to their parents.

What would spark parents to fight in front of five-year-olds?

“This all started because of a Facebook comment between this other woman and my grandmother about the Lakers,” said Queiona Burt, 31, one of the women arrested following a brawl that broke out at a recent Puesta del Sol Elementary School kindergarten graduation. “But I want to apologize to the school and the community and say this is not what I’m about. I was trying to defend myself.”

So to recap: Facebook comments about the Lakers lead to a fight at a kindergarten graduation where two people are arrested and police are investigating.

Honestly, 90 percent of Lakers fans are sane. They are fans like fans of every other team, except they get to brag a lot more because the team wins a lot.

But that other 10 percent, the ones that clog message boards and come after you if you dare to say Kobe can’t walk on water — those people are certifiable. Or arrestable, as the case may be. They are the ones that give the Lakers their Internet reputations. They are the ones that start fights at a kindergarten graduation.

They are the ones even a former Laker blogger will not try to defend. Or wish to.

1. Charles - Aug 5, 2010 at 10:24 AM

Wow! That’s funny. It seems like it’s always a small group of crazies that give everyone a bad name.

2. Patrick - Aug 5, 2010 at 10:43 AM

all I needed was the name…

3. CF98 - Aug 5, 2010 at 10:49 AM

I admit I laughed when I first heard about this but it really is stupid just like Vince Young getting into a strip club fight when someone dissed the Longhorns.

4. Worldsend - Aug 5, 2010 at 11:23 AM

I know Kobe is the greatest player in the NBA and for the last decade after MJ. I know the ring is sparklely, gleaming and the trophy is shining. You are very envious like a B would be. I hope you know the purple and gold is ready to defend against all challengers and dreamers. Lakers will three peat again, now swallow all of it B and don’t let nothing drop.

5. DanG - Aug 5, 2010 at 11:24 AM

Wow, good job proving his point.

6. Dball - Aug 5, 2010 at 12:02 PM

What do you expect from Victorville? That’s a redneck methlab desert hellhole.
    Go Lakers!

7. Ringo - Aug 5, 2010 at 12:05 PM

What the last guy said.

8. Ringo - Aug 5, 2010 at 12:17 PM

I meant Beavis.

9. ebok - Aug 5, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Now that is a fan the momma loves her team!

10. The Truth - Aug 5, 2010 at 12:32 PM

I don’t even have to see a pic to know there were all nigs

11. Ringo - Aug 5, 2010 at 12:40 PM

And we don’t have to see pics to know that The Truth is an inbred!

12. The Truth - Aug 5, 2010 at 12:49 PM

and with a name like Ringo your sexuality doesn’t need to be questioned. It’s self explanatory.

13. Anonymous - Aug 5, 2010 at 12:51 PM

It’s funny when people like this try to talk themselves up by the accomplishments of the team they root for. YOU did not win any rings. YOU did not help Kobe become a top player. YOU did not win the trophy. Keep making yourself feel better with the accomplishments of others. It’s sad and very unbecoming.

14. Ringo - Aug 5, 2010 at 1:00 PM

oohhh, burn!

15. Tyler - Aug 5, 2010 at 1:04 PM

I think the bigger problem here is that they were having a kindergarten graduation. I haven’t done any research, but I’m going to guess that the national kindergarten graduation is somewhere around 100%. Why don’t we just hold celebration for kids every time they drink water or breath?

16. MJ - Aug 5, 2010 at 1:46 PM

It seems obvious from these postings that the percentage of Laker haters that are morons far exceeds that ten percent of Laker fans that go over the top defending the team. Why do you allow someone calling himself “The Truth” to post here. This country is full of bigots, idiots, child molesters and the like. Do you want someone like that on this site. This is why there are fights at kindergarten graduations. Keep this perv away from your children.

17. The Truth - Aug 5, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Wow MJ for someone that’s trying to be so righteous you make some sick assumptions that kids will read from visiting this site. You are the one that society needs to look out for, it’s people like you that makes people lock there house up at night. Leave the library and go back to your trailer, no point to visit sports sites and give your input because you will never be able to afford to go to a live event. Tell your grandmother I said hi.

18. White Knight - Aug 5, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Of course these spooks have a kindergarten graduation. Everybody knows they won’t make it to their high school one.

19. The Truth - Aug 5, 2010 at 5:39 PM

LMAO!!!!!!!

20. MtyQuinn - Aug 5, 2010 at 8:08 PM

All nigs? Really? I wish I would hear some idiot callme a nig.

21. The Truth - Aug 5, 2010 at 9:29 PM

nig

22. MJ - Aug 12, 2010 at 10:09 PM

I have no idea what you are talking about. What is your IQ, about 50. Someone can insult you and you think it is a compliment. Stick to 3 letter words, you can’t handle anything else.

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches