Aug 5, 2010, 11:17 AM EDT
Larry Johnson could ball. He was the best player in college while at UNLV, he was a two time All Star, he averaged 19 points and 11 boards a game as a rookie for the then Charlotte Hornets.
Yet, the first image of him is as a grandma in a dress.
Still he has some basketball knowledge and he wants to pass it along. He has emerged as one of the leading candidates for the Chicago Bulls coaching staff, according to the Daily Herald.
Johnson was a player for the Knicks when Tim Thibodeau was on Jeff Van Gundy’s staff there, so they have a relationship. However, he may have a hard time beating out former Suns head man Terry Porter for the job.
Thibodeau let Pete Meyers go recently and is looking for a former player to fill that spot on the bench.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 42
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 88
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 60
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59