Aug 5, 2010, 11:17 AM EDT
Larry Johnson could ball. He was the best player in college while at UNLV, he was a two time All Star, he averaged 19 points and 11 boards a game as a rookie for the then Charlotte Hornets.
Yet, the first image of him is as a grandma in a dress.
Still he has some basketball knowledge and he wants to pass it along. He has emerged as one of the leading candidates for the Chicago Bulls coaching staff, according to the Daily Herald.
Johnson was a player for the Knicks when Tim Thibodeau was on Jeff Van Gundy’s staff there, so they have a relationship. However, he may have a hard time beating out former Suns head man Terry Porter for the job.
Thibodeau let Pete Meyers go recently and is looking for a former player to fill that spot on the bench.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 46
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18