Aug 5, 2010, 8:32 AM EDT
We knew this was coming — the two sides agreed to termsl back on July 12. But now it’s official.
Ben Wallace will finish his career a Piston, signing a two-year deal with Detroit at $1.9 million per season.
Wallace was one of the few positive, consistent forces in Detroit while the team around him dropped like flies due to injury. Wallace led the Pistons in rebounds per game, played solid defense, and had the team’s best raw +/- numbers (and one of the better adjusted). He even kicked in a little offense.
He should have to do less of that this year with everyone — Rip Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince and more — back healthy. If he can just keep filling his role, everyone will be happy with him.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 7
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50