Aug 4, 2010, 9:48 PM EDT
NBA players have a little Gollom in them — they will do anything for the precious ring.
Shannon Brown’s agent Mark Bartelstein told the New York Post that Brown is leaning towards returning to the Lakers and will make his announcement Thursday.
The Knicks offered one year at $2.7 million (they want to keep cap space flexibility for next summer). The Lakers offered less money but more years.
Brown also would have a larger role with New York, if not as the starting two guard then as the first guard off the bench. In Los Angeles Brown would be Kobe Bryant’s backup, which would not mean nearly as many minutes (he averaged 20.7 a game last year).
But the Lakers could offer another shot at a ring.
“The Knicks did a great job selling Shannon on everything and their vision for him,” Bartelstein said. “They did a great job but the chance to go back and win a third championship for the Lakers is a tough thing to pass up. He’ll make a final decision (Thursday).”
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 0
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 16
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8