Aug 4, 2010, 9:48 PM EDT
NBA players have a little Gollom in them — they will do anything for the precious ring.
Shannon Brown’s agent Mark Bartelstein told the New York Post that Brown is leaning towards returning to the Lakers and will make his announcement Thursday.
The Knicks offered one year at $2.7 million (they want to keep cap space flexibility for next summer). The Lakers offered less money but more years.
Brown also would have a larger role with New York, if not as the starting two guard then as the first guard off the bench. In Los Angeles Brown would be Kobe Bryant’s backup, which would not mean nearly as many minutes (he averaged 20.7 a game last year).
But the Lakers could offer another shot at a ring.
“The Knicks did a great job selling Shannon on everything and their vision for him,” Bartelstein said. “They did a great job but the chance to go back and win a third championship for the Lakers is a tough thing to pass up. He’ll make a final decision (Thursday).”
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6