Aug 4, 2010, 9:48 PM EST
NBA players have a little Gollom in them — they will do anything for the precious ring.
Shannon Brown’s agent Mark Bartelstein told the New York Post that Brown is leaning towards returning to the Lakers and will make his announcement Thursday.
The Knicks offered one year at $2.7 million (they want to keep cap space flexibility for next summer). The Lakers offered less money but more years.
Brown also would have a larger role with New York, if not as the starting two guard then as the first guard off the bench. In Los Angeles Brown would be Kobe Bryant’s backup, which would not mean nearly as many minutes (he averaged 20.7 a game last year).
But the Lakers could offer another shot at a ring.
“The Knicks did a great job selling Shannon on everything and their vision for him,” Bartelstein said. “They did a great job but the chance to go back and win a third championship for the Lakers is a tough thing to pass up. He’ll make a final decision (Thursday).”
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 0
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 6
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60