Aug 4, 2010, 3:11 PM EDT
Acie Law bounced around from Golden State to Charlotte to Chicago last season. This season, the journey starts Memphis.
The Grizzlies and Law have agreed to a one-year deal, according to Alex Kennedy of Hoopsworld. No word on if this is a guaranteed or make-good deal.
Law is a slashing guard who actually had good numbers while playing in Golden State but who Don Nelson didn’t trust. He goes to a Memphis squad that will keep him in the half court. He had the best shooting year of his career last year, which moved him up to about the league average whether you used traditional field goal percentage or true shooting percentage. However, that was in part due to him getting to the rim and shooting far less from the outside, where he is far less consistent.
Law was the No. 11 overall pick in 2007. Memphis has not loved Mike Conley in the point guard role, Law will get a look.
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 9
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 0
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 14
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 3