Aug 4, 2010, 3:11 PM EST
Acie Law bounced around from Golden State to Charlotte to Chicago last season. This season, the journey starts Memphis.
The Grizzlies and Law have agreed to a one-year deal, according to Alex Kennedy of Hoopsworld. No word on if this is a guaranteed or make-good deal.
Law is a slashing guard who actually had good numbers while playing in Golden State but who Don Nelson didn’t trust. He goes to a Memphis squad that will keep him in the half court. He had the best shooting year of his career last year, which moved him up to about the league average whether you used traditional field goal percentage or true shooting percentage. However, that was in part due to him getting to the rim and shooting far less from the outside, where he is far less consistent.
Law was the No. 11 overall pick in 2007. Memphis has not loved Mike Conley in the point guard role, Law will get a look.
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 0
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 20
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 16
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 11
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1