Aug 4, 2010, 3:11 PM EDT
Acie Law bounced around from Golden State to Charlotte to Chicago last season. This season, the journey starts Memphis.
The Grizzlies and Law have agreed to a one-year deal, according to Alex Kennedy of Hoopsworld. No word on if this is a guaranteed or make-good deal.
Law is a slashing guard who actually had good numbers while playing in Golden State but who Don Nelson didn’t trust. He goes to a Memphis squad that will keep him in the half court. He had the best shooting year of his career last year, which moved him up to about the league average whether you used traditional field goal percentage or true shooting percentage. However, that was in part due to him getting to the rim and shooting far less from the outside, where he is far less consistent.
Law was the No. 11 overall pick in 2007. Memphis has not loved Mike Conley in the point guard role, Law will get a look.
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 6
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 16
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 7
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 13
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 100
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (101)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'