Aug 4, 2010, 3:11 PM EDT
Acie Law bounced around from Golden State to Charlotte to Chicago last season. This season, the journey starts Memphis.
The Grizzlies and Law have agreed to a one-year deal, according to Alex Kennedy of Hoopsworld. No word on if this is a guaranteed or make-good deal.
Law is a slashing guard who actually had good numbers while playing in Golden State but who Don Nelson didn’t trust. He goes to a Memphis squad that will keep him in the half court. He had the best shooting year of his career last year, which moved him up to about the league average whether you used traditional field goal percentage or true shooting percentage. However, that was in part due to him getting to the rim and shooting far less from the outside, where he is far less consistent.
Law was the No. 11 overall pick in 2007. Memphis has not loved Mike Conley in the point guard role, Law will get a look.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 82
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20