Aug 4, 2010, 3:11 PM EST
Acie Law bounced around from Golden State to Charlotte to Chicago last season. This season, the journey starts Memphis.
The Grizzlies and Law have agreed to a one-year deal, according to Alex Kennedy of Hoopsworld. No word on if this is a guaranteed or make-good deal.
Law is a slashing guard who actually had good numbers while playing in Golden State but who Don Nelson didn’t trust. He goes to a Memphis squad that will keep him in the half court. He had the best shooting year of his career last year, which moved him up to about the league average whether you used traditional field goal percentage or true shooting percentage. However, that was in part due to him getting to the rim and shooting far less from the outside, where he is far less consistent.
Law was the No. 11 overall pick in 2007. Memphis has not loved Mike Conley in the point guard role, Law will get a look.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 12
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 29
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10