Aug 4, 2010, 7:40 PM EDT
Interesting note from Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated on one of the changes Mikhail Prokhorov has already brought to the New Jersey Nets.
Nets spending heavily on scouting. Retain entire staff, move Roy Rogers to advance scout and hire three new scouts. Aggressive moves.
More information, more opinions, more voices can be a good thing. More teams should spend on scouting.
But what will the Nets do with those voices. King made some good decisions in Philadelphia — he drafted well — but some bad ones as well, usually overpaying for veterans (oversized contracts for Dikembe Mutombo, Aaron McKie, Kenny Thomas and more).
Those scouts can help him make more good decisions with young players, which is what the Nets need. Hopefully someone can talk him out of those veteran deals.
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 19
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 43
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 36
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 18