Aug 4, 2010, 10:38 AM EDT
Eddie House already came to an agreement with the Miami on the terms of a two-year contract, but he’s now officially a member of the Heat according the Associated Press. Miami inked House to a two-year, $2.8 million contract, one of the great value signings of the tail end of free agency.
House is a good role player for just about any team, but on one with three offensive pillars like LeBron James, Chris Bosh, and Dwyane Wade? He’ll be absolutely fantastic. House doesn’t need much space to initiate his lightning-quick release from three, and he’s proven over the course of his career that he’s anything but gun-shy. That’s exactly what the Heat need from their complementary players: guys who are both willing and able to shoot from the outside.
That should make him a valuable perimeter option for Miami off the bench, and he’s even capable of playing “point guard” (or something resembling one) alongside the Heat’s three stars. The playmaking abilities of James and Wade more than make up for House’s deficiencies, and on a team like this one, Eddie is simply asked to come as he is. He’ll bounce around the three-point line, knock down perimeter looks at a high rate, and make a legitimate impact as a somewhat one-dimensional player.
House isn’t a great defender. He’s can handle the ball, but he’s not a great passer. But he’s a great fit.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 0
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 2
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 6
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 13
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 4
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games