Aug 4, 2010, 9:14 AM EDT
Even rhinos need to have their knees scoped out now and again.
Craig Smith — the rhino, as he is known — had arthroscopic knee surgery Tuesday the Clippers announced. The surgery was a success and a minor operation with a four to six week recovery time. Which will have him back in time for the start of training camp.
Smith will be the backup four in Los Angeles behind Blake Griffin, who is coming off knee surgery of his own.
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 77
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 6
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 45
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19