Aug 4, 2010, 9:14 AM EDT
Even rhinos need to have their knees scoped out now and again.
Craig Smith — the rhino, as he is known — had arthroscopic knee surgery Tuesday the Clippers announced. The surgery was a success and a minor operation with a four to six week recovery time. Which will have him back in time for the start of training camp.
Smith will be the backup four in Los Angeles behind Blake Griffin, who is coming off knee surgery of his own.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 3
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 9
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4