Aug 4, 2010, 9:14 AM EDT
Even rhinos need to have their knees scoped out now and again.
Craig Smith — the rhino, as he is known — had arthroscopic knee surgery Tuesday the Clippers announced. The surgery was a success and a minor operation with a four to six week recovery time. Which will have him back in time for the start of training camp.
Smith will be the backup four in Los Angeles behind Blake Griffin, who is coming off knee surgery of his own.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 2
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 17
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7