Aug 4, 2010, 9:14 AM EDT
Even rhinos need to have their knees scoped out now and again.
Craig Smith — the rhino, as he is known — had arthroscopic knee surgery Tuesday the Clippers announced. The surgery was a success and a minor operation with a four to six week recovery time. Which will have him back in time for the start of training camp.
Smith will be the backup four in Los Angeles behind Blake Griffin, who is coming off knee surgery of his own.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 0
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 30
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16