Aug 4, 2010, 9:14 AM EDT
Even rhinos need to have their knees scoped out now and again.
Craig Smith — the rhino, as he is known — had arthroscopic knee surgery Tuesday the Clippers announced. The surgery was a success and a minor operation with a four to six week recovery time. Which will have him back in time for the start of training camp.
Smith will be the backup four in Los Angeles behind Blake Griffin, who is coming off knee surgery of his own.
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 8
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 5
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3