Aug 4, 2010, 9:02 AM EST
There is good news for Philadelphia — Andres Nocioni should be healthy and ready to go by training camp in December.
Argentina basketball fans, the news isn’t as good.
Nocioni sprained his ankle last Friday while training with the Argentinean national team for the upcoming FIBA World Championships in Turkey. Sixers doctors just got a look at the film from the injury and have said it looks like a lateral sprain, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.
Those take three to four weeks to heal properly. That would have Nocioni back at the start, or maybe the second round of the World Championships, though maybe not at 100 percent.
But with training camp for the NBA season not opening until last September, Nocioni should be in good shape by the time he returns to the NBA.
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 6
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 24
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6