Aug 4, 2010, 9:02 AM EDT
There is good news for Philadelphia — Andres Nocioni should be healthy and ready to go by training camp in December.
Argentina basketball fans, the news isn’t as good.
Nocioni sprained his ankle last Friday while training with the Argentinean national team for the upcoming FIBA World Championships in Turkey. Sixers doctors just got a look at the film from the injury and have said it looks like a lateral sprain, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.
Those take three to four weeks to heal properly. That would have Nocioni back at the start, or maybe the second round of the World Championships, though maybe not at 100 percent.
But with training camp for the NBA season not opening until last September, Nocioni should be in good shape by the time he returns to the NBA.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9