Aug 4, 2010, 9:02 AM EDT
There is good news for Philadelphia — Andres Nocioni should be healthy and ready to go by training camp in December.
Argentina basketball fans, the news isn’t as good.
Nocioni sprained his ankle last Friday while training with the Argentinean national team for the upcoming FIBA World Championships in Turkey. Sixers doctors just got a look at the film from the injury and have said it looks like a lateral sprain, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.
Those take three to four weeks to heal properly. That would have Nocioni back at the start, or maybe the second round of the World Championships, though maybe not at 100 percent.
But with training camp for the NBA season not opening until last September, Nocioni should be in good shape by the time he returns to the NBA.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32