Aug 4, 2010, 9:02 AM EDT
There is good news for Philadelphia — Andres Nocioni should be healthy and ready to go by training camp in December.
Argentina basketball fans, the news isn’t as good.
Nocioni sprained his ankle last Friday while training with the Argentinean national team for the upcoming FIBA World Championships in Turkey. Sixers doctors just got a look at the film from the injury and have said it looks like a lateral sprain, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.
Those take three to four weeks to heal properly. That would have Nocioni back at the start, or maybe the second round of the World Championships, though maybe not at 100 percent.
But with training camp for the NBA season not opening until last September, Nocioni should be in good shape by the time he returns to the NBA.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 8
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 34
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 82
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19