Aug 3, 2010, 9:26 AM EDT
How about this for your Oct. 26 season opener: The old big three vs. the new big three. Miami at Boston.
That’s what’s happening according to Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe. It’s a matchup of the new favorites against a team that has had several players say Miami should not automatically be the favorite.
On Christmas, the Heat will travel to Los Angeles to take on the Lakers in the marque game of the day. That according to friend-of-the-blog Ira Winderman, who has seen the Heat’s early schedule and confirmed the Boston opener.
After Boston, tthe Heat will then play the Sixers on the road on Wednesday, Oct. 27. They will open the season at home against Orlando on Oct. 29.
That contradicts an earlier report that the Heat would be in Orlando to open the new Amway Center Oct. 28.
Not an easy way to start the season for Miami. And one that will test
their one perceived weakness on paper — the ability to defend big men
and the rim. Boston has a long front line with Jermaine O’Neal at the
heart (Kendrick Perkins will still be recovering from his knee injury, but O’Neal is the better offensive player), while Orlando has Dwight Howard in the paint.
We also know that joining the Lakers and Heat on Christmas Day will be the Bulls and the Knicks. Remember there were five Christmas Day games last season.
The opening week games and the Christmas games will be officially revealed on an NBATV show at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 6
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 10
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90