Aug 3, 2010, 10:31 AM EST
It should be Shaq vs. Free Agency.
And right now free agency is winning — Shaquille O’Neal remains without a team. But on the Jimmy Kimmel Live show Monday night (or early Tuesday morning, if you prefer) Shaq said he would love to play in Boston.
“Celtics would be a good program.”
Shaq said he was on the “730 day program” meaning he wants to play two more years. And he said despite having played for the Lakers, he’d have no problem putting on a Celtics uniform.
The question remains money and fit. Shaq still wants to get paid, at least the mid-level exception of $5.8 million but the reported offers coming in are much smaller. In addition, contending teams are questioning if the big personality of Shaq is worth it for a backup center.
He can still play, he will eventually come to terms with some team. But those terms may be the team’s, not Shaq’s.
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 9
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 11
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9