Aug 3, 2010, 10:31 AM EDT
It should be Shaq vs. Free Agency.
And right now free agency is winning — Shaquille O’Neal remains without a team. But on the Jimmy Kimmel Live show Monday night (or early Tuesday morning, if you prefer) Shaq said he would love to play in Boston.
“Celtics would be a good program.”
Shaq said he was on the “730 day program” meaning he wants to play two more years. And he said despite having played for the Lakers, he’d have no problem putting on a Celtics uniform.
The question remains money and fit. Shaq still wants to get paid, at least the mid-level exception of $5.8 million but the reported offers coming in are much smaller. In addition, contending teams are questioning if the big personality of Shaq is worth it for a backup center.
He can still play, he will eventually come to terms with some team. But those terms may be the team’s, not Shaq’s.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23