Gerald Green will continue to leap tall buildings in a single bound (and blow defensive assignments) in Russia
Aug 3, 2010, 11:39 AM EDT
Insanely athletic players like Gerald Green tend to get more NBA chances than most, but for the second straight year Green will ply his trade in Russia. According to the team page for BC Krasnye Krylia (via Inside Hoops), Green has been signed by the club after playing for Lokomotiv Kuban last year.
At this point, Green is no longer a perplexing talent. He may have once confused coaches and GMs with his laissez-faire mentality, but now it’s fairly evident that Green is not the type of player most teams want on their roster. He’s an infamous black hole, a horrible defender, and an inefficient scorer. It’d be one thing if he was on his rookie deal, but this is a 24 year-old former first round pick that’s demonstrated very little growth over the course of his basketball career.
It wouldn’t be all that surprising to see Green continue to get summer league and training camp invites (he played for the Lakers in Vegas this summer), but both he and his game need to mature if he’s ever to become a viable NBA player. Change isn’t easy for anyone, and the older Green gets the more set he will be in his ways. Still, if he plans on making a return to the American basketball scene anytime soon, he needs to at least learn how to play nicely (read: pass them the ball once in awhile) with his teammates.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5