Gerald Green will continue to leap tall buildings in a single bound (and blow defensive assignments) in Russia
Aug 3, 2010, 11:39 AM EST
Insanely athletic players like Gerald Green tend to get more NBA chances than most, but for the second straight year Green will ply his trade in Russia. According to the team page for BC Krasnye Krylia (via Inside Hoops), Green has been signed by the club after playing for Lokomotiv Kuban last year.
At this point, Green is no longer a perplexing talent. He may have once confused coaches and GMs with his laissez-faire mentality, but now it’s fairly evident that Green is not the type of player most teams want on their roster. He’s an infamous black hole, a horrible defender, and an inefficient scorer. It’d be one thing if he was on his rookie deal, but this is a 24 year-old former first round pick that’s demonstrated very little growth over the course of his basketball career.
It wouldn’t be all that surprising to see Green continue to get summer league and training camp invites (he played for the Lakers in Vegas this summer), but both he and his game need to mature if he’s ever to become a viable NBA player. Change isn’t easy for anyone, and the older Green gets the more set he will be in his ways. Still, if he plans on making a return to the American basketball scene anytime soon, he needs to at least learn how to play nicely (read: pass them the ball once in awhile) with his teammates.
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 0
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 4
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8