Gerald Green will continue to leap tall buildings in a single bound (and blow defensive assignments) in Russia
Aug 3, 2010, 11:39 AM EDT
Insanely athletic players like Gerald Green tend to get more NBA chances than most, but for the second straight year Green will ply his trade in Russia. According to the team page for BC Krasnye Krylia (via Inside Hoops), Green has been signed by the club after playing for Lokomotiv Kuban last year.
At this point, Green is no longer a perplexing talent. He may have once confused coaches and GMs with his laissez-faire mentality, but now it’s fairly evident that Green is not the type of player most teams want on their roster. He’s an infamous black hole, a horrible defender, and an inefficient scorer. It’d be one thing if he was on his rookie deal, but this is a 24 year-old former first round pick that’s demonstrated very little growth over the course of his basketball career.
It wouldn’t be all that surprising to see Green continue to get summer league and training camp invites (he played for the Lakers in Vegas this summer), but both he and his game need to mature if he’s ever to become a viable NBA player. Change isn’t easy for anyone, and the older Green gets the more set he will be in his ways. Still, if he plans on making a return to the American basketball scene anytime soon, he needs to at least learn how to play nicely (read: pass them the ball once in awhile) with his teammates.
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 4
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 30
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 4
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 10
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 34