Aug 3, 2010, 12:45 PM EDT
Everyone knew this was coming from the minute Minnesota traded for him — the Timberwolves have waived Delonte West.
This was purely a financial move, West’s non-guaranteed deal meant he only had to be paid $500,000 of the $4.5 million he was owed.
West is now a free agent and will likely draw interest from teams, although likely at a veteran minimum’s salary. West was a solid backup point guard off the bench for Cleveland last season, playing 25 minutes a game and scoring nearly nine points (in the 60 games he played).
West was shipped to Minnesota in a deal along with Sebastian Telfair in exchange for Ramon Sessions, Ryan Hollins, and an 2013 second round pick.
- Metta World Peace says Howard isn’t going anywhere because he has a hold on his… um… those 15
- In praise of the brilliant, baffling Manu Ginobili 19
- If Doc is out, who is in for Celtics? Maybe Del Negro, Frank 15
- Where does Celtics’ Rivers, Garnett trade to Clippers stand? They’re talking. 28
- Boris Diaw’s defense slowed LeBron down. I know, right? 26
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- Reports: Jason Kidd finalizes deal, will be Nets new coach (62)
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- PBT: Unheralded Green could steal NBA Finals MVP