Aug 3, 2010, 12:45 PM EDT
Everyone knew this was coming from the minute Minnesota traded for him — the Timberwolves have waived Delonte West.
This was purely a financial move, West’s non-guaranteed deal meant he only had to be paid $500,000 of the $4.5 million he was owed.
West is now a free agent and will likely draw interest from teams, although likely at a veteran minimum’s salary. West was a solid backup point guard off the bench for Cleveland last season, playing 25 minutes a game and scoring nearly nine points (in the 60 games he played).
West was shipped to Minnesota in a deal along with Sebastian Telfair in exchange for Ramon Sessions, Ryan Hollins, and an 2013 second round pick.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 0
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 39
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 12
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13