Aug 3, 2010, 12:45 PM EST
Everyone knew this was coming from the minute Minnesota traded for him — the Timberwolves have waived Delonte West.
This was purely a financial move, West’s non-guaranteed deal meant he only had to be paid $500,000 of the $4.5 million he was owed.
West is now a free agent and will likely draw interest from teams, although likely at a veteran minimum’s salary. West was a solid backup point guard off the bench for Cleveland last season, playing 25 minutes a game and scoring nearly nine points (in the 60 games he played).
West was shipped to Minnesota in a deal along with Sebastian Telfair in exchange for Ramon Sessions, Ryan Hollins, and an 2013 second round pick.
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 2
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11