Aug 3, 2010, 12:45 PM EDT
Everyone knew this was coming from the minute Minnesota traded for him — the Timberwolves have waived Delonte West.
This was purely a financial move, West’s non-guaranteed deal meant he only had to be paid $500,000 of the $4.5 million he was owed.
West is now a free agent and will likely draw interest from teams, although likely at a veteran minimum’s salary. West was a solid backup point guard off the bench for Cleveland last season, playing 25 minutes a game and scoring nearly nine points (in the 60 games he played).
West was shipped to Minnesota in a deal along with Sebastian Telfair in exchange for Ramon Sessions, Ryan Hollins, and an 2013 second round pick.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 61
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8