Aug 3, 2010, 12:45 PM EDT
Everyone knew this was coming from the minute Minnesota traded for him — the Timberwolves have waived Delonte West.
This was purely a financial move, West’s non-guaranteed deal meant he only had to be paid $500,000 of the $4.5 million he was owed.
West is now a free agent and will likely draw interest from teams, although likely at a veteran minimum’s salary. West was a solid backup point guard off the bench for Cleveland last season, playing 25 minutes a game and scoring nearly nine points (in the 60 games he played).
West was shipped to Minnesota in a deal along with Sebastian Telfair in exchange for Ramon Sessions, Ryan Hollins, and an 2013 second round pick.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 15
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 13
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 16
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 23
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80