Aug 3, 2010, 7:06 PM EST
The above video shows 17-year old Evan Sellers, a high school quarterback in Alabama, making a basketball shot from a 134-foot high platform on top of the Vulcan monument in Birmingham, Alabama.
According to the members of Sellers’ “legendary shots” group, Sellers’ shot is further than the one made by “Dude Perfect” ™ from the third deck of Kyle Stadium last season:
The members of “Perfect shots” say that their shot was taken from about the same length as the “Dude Perfect” shot, but that the added height of the Vulcan monument makes theirs the furthest overall shot.
There’s no denying that both shots are pretty darn impressive – kudos to both groups for having the time, imagination, and arm strength to pull these off. Since they made the Kyle Stadium shot, Dude Perfect has gone mainstream — we’ll see if the same kind of thing happens to the members of Perfect Shots.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 44
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8