Aug 3, 2010, 7:06 PM EDT
The above video shows 17-year old Evan Sellers, a high school quarterback in Alabama, making a basketball shot from a 134-foot high platform on top of the Vulcan monument in Birmingham, Alabama.
According to the members of Sellers’ “legendary shots” group, Sellers’ shot is further than the one made by “Dude Perfect” ™ from the third deck of Kyle Stadium last season:
The members of “Perfect shots” say that their shot was taken from about the same length as the “Dude Perfect” shot, but that the added height of the Vulcan monument makes theirs the furthest overall shot.
There’s no denying that both shots are pretty darn impressive – kudos to both groups for having the time, imagination, and arm strength to pull these off. Since they made the Kyle Stadium shot, Dude Perfect has gone mainstream — we’ll see if the same kind of thing happens to the members of Perfect Shots.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 22
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 24
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8