Aug 2, 2010, 6:35 PM EDT
Shannon Brown could be signed by the end of this week.But with who? Brown’s agent, Mark Bartelstein wouldn’t get into details Monday, only to say that he and Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak continue to talk.“We’re working on it. It’s a work in progress,” Bartelstein said.All that Brown has to is decide between a possible starting spot with either Cleveland or the Knicks or a smaller role and possibly less money to stay with the Lakers. CBSSports.com reported last week the Knicks have extended a formal offer to Brown.
After bouncing around the NBA for the first two and a half years of his career, Brown found a home on the Laker bench. Brown has tremendous athleticism and can knock down open threes if given enough time and space, which made him a good fit in the triangle, while his electrifying dunks made him a fan favorite at the Staples Center.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61