Aug 2, 2010, 6:35 PM EDT
Shannon Brown could be signed by the end of this week.But with who? Brown’s agent, Mark Bartelstein wouldn’t get into details Monday, only to say that he and Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak continue to talk.“We’re working on it. It’s a work in progress,” Bartelstein said.All that Brown has to is decide between a possible starting spot with either Cleveland or the Knicks or a smaller role and possibly less money to stay with the Lakers. CBSSports.com reported last week the Knicks have extended a formal offer to Brown.
After bouncing around the NBA for the first two and a half years of his career, Brown found a home on the Laker bench. Brown has tremendous athleticism and can knock down open threes if given enough time and space, which made him a good fit in the triangle, while his electrifying dunks made him a fan favorite at the Staples Center.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36