Aug 2, 2010, 6:35 PM EST
Shannon Brown could be signed by the end of this week.But with who? Brown’s agent, Mark Bartelstein wouldn’t get into details Monday, only to say that he and Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak continue to talk.“We’re working on it. It’s a work in progress,” Bartelstein said.All that Brown has to is decide between a possible starting spot with either Cleveland or the Knicks or a smaller role and possibly less money to stay with the Lakers. CBSSports.com reported last week the Knicks have extended a formal offer to Brown.
After bouncing around the NBA for the first two and a half years of his career, Brown found a home on the Laker bench. Brown has tremendous athleticism and can knock down open threes if given enough time and space, which made him a good fit in the triangle, while his electrifying dunks made him a fan favorite at the Staples Center.
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 0
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 41
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 4
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10