Aug 2, 2010, 6:35 PM EDT
Shannon Brown could be signed by the end of this week.But with who? Brown’s agent, Mark Bartelstein wouldn’t get into details Monday, only to say that he and Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak continue to talk.“We’re working on it. It’s a work in progress,” Bartelstein said.All that Brown has to is decide between a possible starting spot with either Cleveland or the Knicks or a smaller role and possibly less money to stay with the Lakers. CBSSports.com reported last week the Knicks have extended a formal offer to Brown.
After bouncing around the NBA for the first two and a half years of his career, Brown found a home on the Laker bench. Brown has tremendous athleticism and can knock down open threes if given enough time and space, which made him a good fit in the triangle, while his electrifying dunks made him a fan favorite at the Staples Center.
- Cavs GM: It’s “highly unlikely” Kevin Love returns at all in playoffs, even if Cavs make Finals 12
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 15
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 6
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 10
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 25
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2