Aug 2, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
This is an emotional day for all of us. After an illustrious, beautiful, 12-year NBA career, Rasho Nesterovic will leave the NBA to play for Olympiacos next season, according to TalkBasket.net (via Real GM). How the league will cope with this sudden lack of awkward layup attempts I do not yet know.
Nesterovic hasn’t done much of note since leaving the Spurs following the ’05-’06 season (he averaged about 10 quiet minutes for the Raptors last year), but in truth he’s not a bad player. Offensively, Rasho is far from useful, but teams can and have done far worse than employing a moderately effective rebounder and perfectly passable post defender. Nesterovic isn’t best served as an NBA starter, but there’s a reason his name popped up repeatedly over the years as a free agent possibility/trade target for teams looking to add depth in the middle.
No more. At 33, Nesterovic will head to Greece, where he could very well finish his basketball career.
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 9
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 25
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 9
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 16
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 103
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (103)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut