Aug 2, 2010, 11:10 PM EDT
It’s another blow for Argentina, who comes in to Turkey as the defending World Champions.
Andres Nocioni joins Manu Ginobili on the sidelines for the world powerhouse. Nocioni injured his ankle in training with the team but may be able to go for the World Championships, according to FanHouse. The Championships start Aug. 25.
Even if he misses the first week Argentina should be in good shape for the first round of the worlds, the group stage. They still have on the roster Luis Scola , Carlos Delfino and Fabricio Oberto among a number of players with professional contracts overseas.
Nociono was traded to the Sixers this summer
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18