Aug 2, 2010, 11:10 PM EST
It’s another blow for Argentina, who comes in to Turkey as the defending World Champions.
Andres Nocioni joins Manu Ginobili on the sidelines for the world powerhouse. Nocioni injured his ankle in training with the team but may be able to go for the World Championships, according to FanHouse. The Championships start Aug. 25.
Even if he misses the first week Argentina should be in good shape for the first round of the worlds, the group stage. They still have on the roster Luis Scola , Carlos Delfino and Fabricio Oberto among a number of players with professional contracts overseas.
Nociono was traded to the Sixers this summer
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 0
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 1
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 17
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 11
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42