Aug 2, 2010, 11:10 PM EDT
It’s another blow for Argentina, who comes in to Turkey as the defending World Champions.
Andres Nocioni joins Manu Ginobili on the sidelines for the world powerhouse. Nocioni injured his ankle in training with the team but may be able to go for the World Championships, according to FanHouse. The Championships start Aug. 25.
Even if he misses the first week Argentina should be in good shape for the first round of the worlds, the group stage. They still have on the roster Luis Scola , Carlos Delfino and Fabricio Oberto among a number of players with professional contracts overseas.
Nociono was traded to the Sixers this summer
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Live Extra: Watch Sharks-Kings, Game 4
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars