Aug 1, 2010, 9:05 AM EST
It always looks worse on video than it does on paper.
Tyreke Evans got tagged in May for driving 120 miles-an-hour in a non-120-miles-an-hour zone. He was briefly arrested then released. Last week he plead guilty to reckless driving and was sentenced to probation. A slap on the wrist really. So the story went away…
Until the Sacramento Police released video of his little joyride last Friday.
The video is actually relatively scary. Seeing Evans drifting in and out of lanes across the highway at that speed with other traffic does not paint the kind of “harmless joyride” picture the report did. Additionally scary is the end of the tape which shows Evans at gunpoint by the arresting officer who was just following procedure.
Anyway, if you’re interested in such things, here’s the video.
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 0
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 20
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 16
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 11
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1