Aug 1, 2010, 9:05 AM EST
It always looks worse on video than it does on paper.
Tyreke Evans got tagged in May for driving 120 miles-an-hour in a non-120-miles-an-hour zone. He was briefly arrested then released. Last week he plead guilty to reckless driving and was sentenced to probation. A slap on the wrist really. So the story went away…
Until the Sacramento Police released video of his little joyride last Friday.
The video is actually relatively scary. Seeing Evans drifting in and out of lanes across the highway at that speed with other traffic does not paint the kind of “harmless joyride” picture the report did. Additionally scary is the end of the tape which shows Evans at gunpoint by the arresting officer who was just following procedure.
Anyway, if you’re interested in such things, here’s the video.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 15
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 2
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 2
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9