Aug 1, 2010, 9:05 AM EDT
It always looks worse on video than it does on paper.
Tyreke Evans got tagged in May for driving 120 miles-an-hour in a non-120-miles-an-hour zone. He was briefly arrested then released. Last week he plead guilty to reckless driving and was sentenced to probation. A slap on the wrist really. So the story went away…
Until the Sacramento Police released video of his little joyride last Friday.
The video is actually relatively scary. Seeing Evans drifting in and out of lanes across the highway at that speed with other traffic does not paint the kind of “harmless joyride” picture the report did. Additionally scary is the end of the tape which shows Evans at gunpoint by the arresting officer who was just following procedure.
Anyway, if you’re interested in such things, here’s the video.
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 9
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 0
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 14
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 3