Aug 1, 2010, 9:05 AM EDT
It always looks worse on video than it does on paper.
Tyreke Evans got tagged in May for driving 120 miles-an-hour in a non-120-miles-an-hour zone. He was briefly arrested then released. Last week he plead guilty to reckless driving and was sentenced to probation. A slap on the wrist really. So the story went away…
Until the Sacramento Police released video of his little joyride last Friday.
The video is actually relatively scary. Seeing Evans drifting in and out of lanes across the highway at that speed with other traffic does not paint the kind of “harmless joyride” picture the report did. Additionally scary is the end of the tape which shows Evans at gunpoint by the arresting officer who was just following procedure.
Anyway, if you’re interested in such things, here’s the video.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11