Michael Jordan moving closer to Bobcats ops

Aug 1, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT

There’s nothing about being the owner of a sports team that means you have to be in the same city as your team. In fact, a vast majority of owners do not make their home near the team’s operations. And if you do, it’s still no guarantee that you’ll be successful, far from it. In fact, meddling owners can be more of a problem than distant, removed ones. But you don’t want an owner to have no real connection to the city, to be unaware or apathetic towards what goes on.

Michael Jordan has been a North Carolina resident for a long time. But since taking over majority ownership of the Charlotte Bobcats, he’s put forth the effort to show he’s committed to being involved with the team. Now he’s within reach of the team, literally.

WBTV in Charlotte reports that Jordan has targeted a penthouse apartment in downtown Charlotte within sight of Time Warner Cable arena where the Bobcats play. The place, as you would imagine, is awesome. It’s huge, luxurious, yada, yada, yada. Honestly, if you didn’t expect Michael Jordan’s umpteenth place to be awesome, you haven’t been paying attention.

But Jordan’s move closer to the arena is a good sign for Bobcats fans, or a terrible one. Where you land on that side of the coin depends on what you think of Jordan as a management type. Either way, he’s following up on his talk to be involved.

1. Veiny Dick Tracy - Aug 2, 2010 at 11:26 AM

I wonder how many white women Jordan will bed in this loft? His girlfriend is smoking hot, but still, every man knows that no matter what, you get bored sleeping with the same girl over and over for years at a time? Am I lying fellas?

2. Lebron James - Aug 3, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Yo Mike,
    Why you hatin on me cuz? Don’t be mad that I’m going to end up with more titles and more white women under my belt as I lay on the beautiful white beaches with beautiful white women.

3. Kobe B. - Aug 3, 2010 at 4:08 PM

Lebron,
    This is Kobe and I have a couple things to tell you. First, you could never get with as many white women as me and Mike. You think I only studied his game on the court religously? I studied how his obsession for white women cost him his marriage. Look I got caught in Colorado but you know she was lying. She just wasn’t ready for a beast in the sheets serving anaconda on a silver platter. Dwade Wade and Chris Bosh and you combined won’t be able to smash as many white women as I have. No way. No how.
    ps
    Lebron what is up with your chubby, holmley ass baby mamma that I saw you at the beach with? hahahahah! Damn man, I thought you was the King. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

4. Muggsy B. - Aug 3, 2010 at 6:25 PM

What’s good Kobe and Lebron.
    My man Jordan has all the women. When we were on the set making Space Jam he even macked Bugs Bunny’s woman.

5. George A. - Aug 6, 2010 at 7:49 PM

I can’t believe you guys are talking like that.
    Who cares all the women you have? You really should
    be ashamed of yourselves and respect yourself and the
    person you are with, ONE at the Time.
    I saw the flat on TV and it is great.
    It is good to be in Charlotte.

Why can't Lakers have a player-coach?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches