Jul 31, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
There’s an international tournament going on in Liuzhou City in China, the Stankovic cup, featuring several international teams in a tune-up before the FIBA championships in Turkey.
China faced Slovenia, and Goran Dragic had 15 points and 10 rebounds in a win. This is not relevant. What is relevant is that apparently Yi Jianlian was injured, according to the People’s Daily Online. Jianlian suffered an arm injury in the first half and spent the second half on the bench.
Jianlian was traded to Washington this summer as part of the Nets’ cap-clearing plans. He was expected to have at least some spot on the developing roster. The arm injury may be nothing serious, just something to hold him out in a meaningless exhibition so he doesn’t exacerbate it. But it’s something to keep an eye on.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4