Jul 31, 2010, 11:30 AM EST
There’s an international tournament going on in Liuzhou City in China, the Stankovic cup, featuring several international teams in a tune-up before the FIBA championships in Turkey.
China faced Slovenia, and Goran Dragic had 15 points and 10 rebounds in a win. This is not relevant. What is relevant is that apparently Yi Jianlian was injured, according to the People’s Daily Online. Jianlian suffered an arm injury in the first half and spent the second half on the bench.
Jianlian was traded to Washington this summer as part of the Nets’ cap-clearing plans. He was expected to have at least some spot on the developing roster. The arm injury may be nothing serious, just something to hold him out in a meaningless exhibition so he doesn’t exacerbate it. But it’s something to keep an eye on.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 20
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 2
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8