Jul 31, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
There’s an international tournament going on in Liuzhou City in China, the Stankovic cup, featuring several international teams in a tune-up before the FIBA championships in Turkey.
China faced Slovenia, and Goran Dragic had 15 points and 10 rebounds in a win. This is not relevant. What is relevant is that apparently Yi Jianlian was injured, according to the People’s Daily Online. Jianlian suffered an arm injury in the first half and spent the second half on the bench.
Jianlian was traded to Washington this summer as part of the Nets’ cap-clearing plans. He was expected to have at least some spot on the developing roster. The arm injury may be nothing serious, just something to hold him out in a meaningless exhibition so he doesn’t exacerbate it. But it’s something to keep an eye on.
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 4
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 19
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 12
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 31
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25