Jul 31, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
There’s an international tournament going on in Liuzhou City in China, the Stankovic cup, featuring several international teams in a tune-up before the FIBA championships in Turkey.
China faced Slovenia, and Goran Dragic had 15 points and 10 rebounds in a win. This is not relevant. What is relevant is that apparently Yi Jianlian was injured, according to the People’s Daily Online. Jianlian suffered an arm injury in the first half and spent the second half on the bench.
Jianlian was traded to Washington this summer as part of the Nets’ cap-clearing plans. He was expected to have at least some spot on the developing roster. The arm injury may be nothing serious, just something to hold him out in a meaningless exhibition so he doesn’t exacerbate it. But it’s something to keep an eye on.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 4
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 9
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7