Jul 31, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
There’s an international tournament going on in Liuzhou City in China, the Stankovic cup, featuring several international teams in a tune-up before the FIBA championships in Turkey.
China faced Slovenia, and Goran Dragic had 15 points and 10 rebounds in a win. This is not relevant. What is relevant is that apparently Yi Jianlian was injured, according to the People’s Daily Online. Jianlian suffered an arm injury in the first half and spent the second half on the bench.
Jianlian was traded to Washington this summer as part of the Nets’ cap-clearing plans. He was expected to have at least some spot on the developing roster. The arm injury may be nothing serious, just something to hold him out in a meaningless exhibition so he doesn’t exacerbate it. But it’s something to keep an eye on.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 46
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18