Jul 30, 2010, 2:28 PM EDT
The marketing hook for NBA2K11 is Michael Jordan. Because he still sells. Jordan will be on the cover and inside the game will be eight vintage Jordan teams you can play.
And a Ron Artest song.
Artest’s “Champion” is one of the 27 tracks that will be part of the soundtrack for the most popular of NBA video games. (At least until NBA Jams is back.) The lineup of artists used includes Snoop Dogg, Drake, Big Boi and of courts The Alan Parsons Project.
(Yes Parsons, you can’t do Jordan without Parsons. Think I’m kidding? I don’t kid about Alan Parsons. Follow this link to their song Sirius, it was the intro music for the 90s Bulls. Or watch a classic NBA finals intro from that era and hear the tunes.)
And if you can’t wait that long to hear Champions, well, we can help you out with that.
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 60
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89