Jul 30, 2010, 2:28 PM EST
The marketing hook for NBA2K11 is Michael Jordan. Because he still sells. Jordan will be on the cover and inside the game will be eight vintage Jordan teams you can play.
And a Ron Artest song.
Artest’s “Champion” is one of the 27 tracks that will be part of the soundtrack for the most popular of NBA video games. (At least until NBA Jams is back.) The lineup of artists used includes Snoop Dogg, Drake, Big Boi and of courts The Alan Parsons Project.
(Yes Parsons, you can’t do Jordan without Parsons. Think I’m kidding? I don’t kid about Alan Parsons. Follow this link to their song Sirius, it was the intro music for the 90s Bulls. Or watch a classic NBA finals intro from that era and hear the tunes.)
And if you can’t wait that long to hear Champions, well, we can help you out with that.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 27
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7