Jul 30, 2010, 5:02 PM EDT
Jose Calderon was the best point guard Toronto had last season, he played above average and by the end of the year took the starting job from Jarrett Jack, but Bryan Colangelo is apparently not a fan. Or at least is not a fan of the three years, $29 million Calderon is still owed.
Colangelo tried to bring a new point guard in at the trade deadline last year. He thought he had a deal to ship him out to Charlotte and get two big men back as part of a complex deal this summer, but then Michael Jordan realized he was getting hosed and pulled out.
Calderon is currently in the Canary Islands, training with the rest of the Spanish national team, but he told Sportando he would love to know where he will be playing next year.
“I feel well. I am focused on Spain. My future will be known when Toronto and my agents will take a decision. They are working daily for the best solution for me and the franchise. Now, there is anything new to say,” said Calderon.
So we might still see a move this summer, or closer to training camp. But you can bet Colangelo is still looking for a home for Calderon even as we enter the slow part of the summer.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 4
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 15
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 23
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29