Jul 30, 2010, 5:02 PM EDT
Jose Calderon was the best point guard Toronto had last season, he played above average and by the end of the year took the starting job from Jarrett Jack, but Bryan Colangelo is apparently not a fan. Or at least is not a fan of the three years, $29 million Calderon is still owed.
Colangelo tried to bring a new point guard in at the trade deadline last year. He thought he had a deal to ship him out to Charlotte and get two big men back as part of a complex deal this summer, but then Michael Jordan realized he was getting hosed and pulled out.
Calderon is currently in the Canary Islands, training with the rest of the Spanish national team, but he told Sportando he would love to know where he will be playing next year.
“I feel well. I am focused on Spain. My future will be known when Toronto and my agents will take a decision. They are working daily for the best solution for me and the franchise. Now, there is anything new to say,” said Calderon.
So we might still see a move this summer, or closer to training camp. But you can bet Colangelo is still looking for a home for Calderon even as we enter the slow part of the summer.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 0
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 11
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 17
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8