Jul 30, 2010, 5:02 PM EDT
Jose Calderon was the best point guard Toronto had last season, he played above average and by the end of the year took the starting job from Jarrett Jack, but Bryan Colangelo is apparently not a fan. Or at least is not a fan of the three years, $29 million Calderon is still owed.
Colangelo tried to bring a new point guard in at the trade deadline last year. He thought he had a deal to ship him out to Charlotte and get two big men back as part of a complex deal this summer, but then Michael Jordan realized he was getting hosed and pulled out.
Calderon is currently in the Canary Islands, training with the rest of the Spanish national team, but he told Sportando he would love to know where he will be playing next year.
“I feel well. I am focused on Spain. My future will be known when Toronto and my agents will take a decision. They are working daily for the best solution for me and the franchise. Now, there is anything new to say,” said Calderon.
So we might still see a move this summer, or closer to training camp. But you can bet Colangelo is still looking for a home for Calderon even as we enter the slow part of the summer.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 20
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona