Jul 30, 2010, 5:02 PM EDT
Jose Calderon was the best point guard Toronto had last season, he played above average and by the end of the year took the starting job from Jarrett Jack, but Bryan Colangelo is apparently not a fan. Or at least is not a fan of the three years, $29 million Calderon is still owed.
Colangelo tried to bring a new point guard in at the trade deadline last year. He thought he had a deal to ship him out to Charlotte and get two big men back as part of a complex deal this summer, but then Michael Jordan realized he was getting hosed and pulled out.
Calderon is currently in the Canary Islands, training with the rest of the Spanish national team, but he told Sportando he would love to know where he will be playing next year.
“I feel well. I am focused on Spain. My future will be known when Toronto and my agents will take a decision. They are working daily for the best solution for me and the franchise. Now, there is anything new to say,” said Calderon.
So we might still see a move this summer, or closer to training camp. But you can bet Colangelo is still looking for a home for Calderon even as we enter the slow part of the summer.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 0
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 7
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 13
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11