Jul 30, 2010, 5:02 PM EST
Jose Calderon was the best point guard Toronto had last season, he played above average and by the end of the year took the starting job from Jarrett Jack, but Bryan Colangelo is apparently not a fan. Or at least is not a fan of the three years, $29 million Calderon is still owed.
Colangelo tried to bring a new point guard in at the trade deadline last year. He thought he had a deal to ship him out to Charlotte and get two big men back as part of a complex deal this summer, but then Michael Jordan realized he was getting hosed and pulled out.
Calderon is currently in the Canary Islands, training with the rest of the Spanish national team, but he told Sportando he would love to know where he will be playing next year.
“I feel well. I am focused on Spain. My future will be known when Toronto and my agents will take a decision. They are working daily for the best solution for me and the franchise. Now, there is anything new to say,” said Calderon.
So we might still see a move this summer, or closer to training camp. But you can bet Colangelo is still looking for a home for Calderon even as we enter the slow part of the summer.
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 16
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)