In case you forgot, Kobe Bryant is good

Jul 30, 2010, 10:30 PM EDT

Lest you forgot, Kobe Bryant is good, and started last season off with a string of game-winning shots. This is off the 2010 NBA Champions DVD.

1. Craig W. - Jul 30, 2010 at 11:01 PM

Ask anyone who plays the game – basketball is a team game. No one player wins a championship by himself. That being said, winning teams also need a superior closer to get them through the tough times. The Lakers have Kobe and the Heat have Dwayne. Let the battles begin.

2. loungefly - Jul 30, 2010 at 11:01 PM

This is great. Kobe is all about winning. A true competitor. 2010 was a very satisfying year for us Laker fans.

3. bobby from the job - Jul 31, 2010 at 12:08 AM

Craig W, you sound like a Heat fan? Kobe is the truth! D Wade has it, but Lebron has lacked it thus far and I’m doubting that he will ever have it! The Heat have to get by Dwight, Boston and Chicago before they can even wet dream about seeing #8 in the finals! I’m not sold on them, barring injury L.A is by far the better team!

4. bobby from the job - Jul 31, 2010 at 12:10 AM

5. whuteva - Jul 31, 2010 at 12:28 AM

dwade a closer??? ok ok i admit i am a fan of dwade and think he is a fantastic player but to be honest i have never heard of him being referred to as a closer, i consider him a full game player but not a closer, i will look forward to seeing him become one but i do have to say after that serious knee injury a couple of years ago he doesnt have the explosiveness he used to hes still great too bad he now has two pathetic quitters to deal with in lequit and “i dont feel like playing coach” bosh

6. terry - Jul 31, 2010 at 8:40 AM

(File under “I NEVER thought I would say this but”):
    The Bulls have done real well this off-season, (I am a Bulls fan) and Miami has done ok.
    But L.A. has done alright too – they have the core of the team, PJ is coming back, and they have BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT.
    NOONE else has done that.
    In 2006 when Miami won it all it was because in the finals DWade just flat out took over. His taking over was made a LOT easier by Dallas’ pulling an el foldo. No one else on the Miami team then or now strikes me as having that quality. As talented as they are neither James nor Bosh is a closer.
    Kobe has a fearsome rep. MJ had one, Bird had one, Magic had one. One reason – they are closers. I see L.A. and Miami in the finals and when push comes to shove I have to pick L.A.
    I don’t have to LIKE it but I pick L.A.

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches