Chris Bosh "put his heart and soul" into Toronto

Jul 30, 2010, 8:19 AM EDT

Thumbnail image for cbosh_dunk.jpgToronto General Manager Bryan Colangelo said Chris Bosh “checked out” at the end of his time in Toronto, when the Chicago Bulls caught the fading Raptors for the eighth playoff spot.

Chris Bosh went on Rogers Sportsnet Thursday and fired back, saying he “put his heart and soul” into the Raptors and that what Colangelo said was not true (as reported by Associated Press).

“I play this game as hard as I can every time I step on the court,” Bosh said. “On the back of my jersey it says ‘Bosh’ … The Boshes are hard workers. We have a lot of pride in what we do, in our jobs and in life…”

“Everybody thinks, ‘Oh, he was gone as soon as the season was over.’ It was the hardest decision I ever had to make. As different as another country is, it was still home for me. I had been there for seven years.”

The other comment of Bosh’s when he first got to Miami that stirred passions north of the border is when he said Toronto was “different.” Bosh defended that saying it was not meant as an insult.

“Toronto is different,” he said. “For one, it’s a different country. If you don’t know you’re in a different country when you land then something is wrong with your senses. That’s not to say that Toronto is not a great metropolitan city. It is a fantastic city.

“Different is not bad. I’m different. That doesn’t make me bad.”

1. nick - Jul 30, 2010 at 9:14 AM

I like Bosh – he’s a genuinely smart person (unlike most other NBA players), but the way he handled his exit was disgusting.
    He never thanked any fans, never held a press conference. He just left. Never said a word. He may have supposedly put his heart and soul into the Raptors – but what about all the fans who really did put their heart and soul into the Raptors – paying for tickets they cant afford, idolizing CB4, etc. Couldn’t he just even tweet a thank you?
    Sorry if I don’t believe you that it was the “hardest decision of your life”. If it really meant that much to you to stay in TO, you would have said something about it. You would have had an interview and said sorry to TO fans, and thanked them for 7 years in which we treated you like a G-d.
    CB4 (as well as the rest of the big free agents) have earned the right to go wherever they want. But the egos on these players to think it’s all about them, and that they owe nothing to anyone is crazy. Lebron I could understand. But CB4 seems like a decent, intelligent guy.
    He obviosuly cares about what people say, because he’s getting all defensive now. But wouldnt the manly thing to do at this point be holding a press conference, thanking the TO fans, apologizing how it all went down, and wish the Raptors best of luck>? The TO fans would instantly forgive him. But it’s beneath these players to do that.

2. roger - Jul 30, 2010 at 9:36 AM

A press conference would definitely have been nicer, if unusual, but CB did tweet a thank you to TO the day his decision was announced:
    “Before anything else. Thank you Toronto. I wouldn’t be here without you all and I will miss you. Your support and love kept me going.” 11:35 AM Jul 7th via UberTwitter

3. Really? - Jul 30, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Bosh is an over-rated bytch who got lucky that Wade and LeBron used him to get what they wanted. He should just go back to sucking Wade’s c0ck and be happy he was actually paid attention to during the free agency process.
    He looks like ET and acts like someone’s bytch.

4. Anonymous - Jul 30, 2010 at 10:46 AM

bosh is the ultimate moron, hes pissed bcuz people are seeing him for what he really is a quitter, just like lequit james, both of them knew they were coming to miami and both quit on thier teams for bosh no big deal toronto is a terminal lottery candidate but lequit screwed his teammates in cleveland if he had wond and went onto the finals while he was in cleveland he would have been posterized as an even bigger jackass than he has already proven to be. too bad someone with so much talent doesnt have teh brains to go along with it

5. Jimee Johnnson - Jul 30, 2010 at 12:46 PM

The punk-hater-losers are out, showing their ignorance as only the punk-hater-losers can. I can’t wait till the Heat CRUSH you like the mental-midget-morons you are, have been, and always will be.

6. Jimee Johnson - Jul 30, 2010 at 2:05 PM

And another thing, all you punk-hater-losers: Just because I am gay and I love to suck LeBron’s, DWade’s and Bosh’s c0cks doesn’t mean I am not right. We all gay in Miami. Three more gay ballers don’t mean nothing to us. We gonna crush all you punk-hater-losers. Now, let me go suck a d1ck.

7. charlz - Jul 30, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Bosh is:
    Over rated
    self promoting
    Hard Working
    A decent guy
    sincere about his time and respect for Toronto
    a guy who stopped caring after all star break (not that I blame him playing along Bargs and Turk)
    Bosh isn’t:
    a franchise player
    the reason Miami would/could win it all
    a great scorer
    going to put up big numbers on a good team

Woodson, D'Antoni's coaching futures