Jul 29, 2010, 6:40 PM EDT
Atlanta wanted to bring in some size this summer, someone to beef up the middle of what can be an undersized lineup.
Re-signing Jason Collins is not what they had in mind, but he is what they got. He does give them some depth at the center position. Collins was with the Hawks last year and the fact the 7’0″ center played less than five minutes a game on a team that is undersized at the center spot tells you all you need to know there.
It is possible Shaquille O’Neal will come to the Hawks, this still seems to be the most likely landing place. But it is not a sure thing, and he is going to have to come in on the Hawks terms. Which his ego may not accept.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 20
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 21
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona