Jul 29, 2010, 6:40 PM EDT
Atlanta wanted to bring in some size this summer, someone to beef up the middle of what can be an undersized lineup.
Re-signing Jason Collins is not what they had in mind, but he is what they got. He does give them some depth at the center position. Collins was with the Hawks last year and the fact the 7’0″ center played less than five minutes a game on a team that is undersized at the center spot tells you all you need to know there.
It is possible Shaquille O’Neal will come to the Hawks, this still seems to be the most likely landing place. But it is not a sure thing, and he is going to have to come in on the Hawks terms. Which his ego may not accept.
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 9
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 12
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 17
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11