Jul 29, 2010, 10:38 AM EDT
This just makes me sad.
Cook County Circuit Judge Alexander White ordered Curry’s arrest on Monday, after learning Curry failed to sign an agreement to pay the balance of a $660,000 legal settlement reached after he was sued for allegedly having sex with an underage girl.
The previous arrest warrant was issued in late June and quashed earlier this month after attorneys for Curry and the woman reached a payment schedule for the roughly $100,000 still owed the woman, according to court records.
Now the warrant, which calls on Curry to post a $10,000 bond, is in the hands of the Cook County Sheriff’s office, a sheriff’s spokesman said.
Traditionally in civil cases like this, the Sheriff and attorney get the client to turn himself in. Except Curry might not have an attorney — his lawyers have tried to get off the case due to non-payment.
It’s a pattern, Curry has been ordered by a judge to pay a $75,000 loan, and his house was once foreclosed for lack of payment.
Curry made $10.5 million last season from the Knicks and has made more than $57 million in his career.
It’s all just sad.
- Brothers allege entourage of Damian Lillard beat them for taking his picture 6
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 15
- Report: Dwight Howard not going to Clippers… did we need a report for that? 15
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” 41
- Spurs shut down Zach Randolph in Western Conference Finals’ first major strategic move 2
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (105)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (86)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Live Extra: Watch Blackhawks-Red Wings Game 3
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Dickey goes 8, beats Rays for 2nd straight win
- PST: Mourinho officially leaving Real Madrid
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay