Jul 29, 2010, 10:38 AM EDT
This just makes me sad.
Cook County Circuit Judge Alexander White ordered Curry’s arrest on Monday, after learning Curry failed to sign an agreement to pay the balance of a $660,000 legal settlement reached after he was sued for allegedly having sex with an underage girl.
The previous arrest warrant was issued in late June and quashed earlier this month after attorneys for Curry and the woman reached a payment schedule for the roughly $100,000 still owed the woman, according to court records.
Now the warrant, which calls on Curry to post a $10,000 bond, is in the hands of the Cook County Sheriff’s office, a sheriff’s spokesman said.
Traditionally in civil cases like this, the Sheriff and attorney get the client to turn himself in. Except Curry might not have an attorney — his lawyers have tried to get off the case due to non-payment.
It’s a pattern, Curry has been ordered by a judge to pay a $75,000 loan, and his house was once foreclosed for lack of payment.
Curry made $10.5 million last season from the Knicks and has made more than $57 million in his career.
It’s all just sad.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17