Jul 29, 2010, 10:38 AM EDT
This just makes me sad.
Cook County Circuit Judge Alexander White ordered Curry’s arrest on Monday, after learning Curry failed to sign an agreement to pay the balance of a $660,000 legal settlement reached after he was sued for allegedly having sex with an underage girl.
The previous arrest warrant was issued in late June and quashed earlier this month after attorneys for Curry and the woman reached a payment schedule for the roughly $100,000 still owed the woman, according to court records.
Now the warrant, which calls on Curry to post a $10,000 bond, is in the hands of the Cook County Sheriff’s office, a sheriff’s spokesman said.
Traditionally in civil cases like this, the Sheriff and attorney get the client to turn himself in. Except Curry might not have an attorney — his lawyers have tried to get off the case due to non-payment.
It’s a pattern, Curry has been ordered by a judge to pay a $75,000 loan, and his house was once foreclosed for lack of payment.
Curry made $10.5 million last season from the Knicks and has made more than $57 million in his career.
It’s all just sad.
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 9
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 6
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 28
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17