Jul 29, 2010, 10:38 AM EDT
This just makes me sad.
Cook County Circuit Judge Alexander White ordered Curry’s arrest on Monday, after learning Curry failed to sign an agreement to pay the balance of a $660,000 legal settlement reached after he was sued for allegedly having sex with an underage girl.
The previous arrest warrant was issued in late June and quashed earlier this month after attorneys for Curry and the woman reached a payment schedule for the roughly $100,000 still owed the woman, according to court records.
Now the warrant, which calls on Curry to post a $10,000 bond, is in the hands of the Cook County Sheriff’s office, a sheriff’s spokesman said.
Traditionally in civil cases like this, the Sheriff and attorney get the client to turn himself in. Except Curry might not have an attorney — his lawyers have tried to get off the case due to non-payment.
It’s a pattern, Curry has been ordered by a judge to pay a $75,000 loan, and his house was once foreclosed for lack of payment.
Curry made $10.5 million last season from the Knicks and has made more than $57 million in his career.
It’s all just sad.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 4
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 3
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 3
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10