Jul 29, 2010, 10:38 AM EDT
This just makes me sad.
Cook County Circuit Judge Alexander White ordered Curry’s arrest on Monday, after learning Curry failed to sign an agreement to pay the balance of a $660,000 legal settlement reached after he was sued for allegedly having sex with an underage girl.
The previous arrest warrant was issued in late June and quashed earlier this month after attorneys for Curry and the woman reached a payment schedule for the roughly $100,000 still owed the woman, according to court records.
Now the warrant, which calls on Curry to post a $10,000 bond, is in the hands of the Cook County Sheriff’s office, a sheriff’s spokesman said.
Traditionally in civil cases like this, the Sheriff and attorney get the client to turn himself in. Except Curry might not have an attorney — his lawyers have tried to get off the case due to non-payment.
It’s a pattern, Curry has been ordered by a judge to pay a $75,000 loan, and his house was once foreclosed for lack of payment.
Curry made $10.5 million last season from the Knicks and has made more than $57 million in his career.
It’s all just sad.
- PBT Second Round Playoff Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Houston Rockets 0
- Ginobili, Duncan, Popovich dance around questions about Spurs’ future 7
- Reports: Stephen Curry to be named MVP Monday 32
- Hawks start hot, finish cold, Wizards take Game 1 on road 104-98. 7
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 4
- Adjusting for playoff rotations round two: Watch out for the Wizards 2
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 20
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 32