Jul 29, 2010, 11:41 AM EDT
Anthony Tolliver says he wants to choose by this weekend which struggling franchise he is going to play for next year.
We’ll, that’s not how he put it to the News-Leader, but when you are choosing between Golden State and Minnesota it is the reality.
“I haven’t made a decision yet,” Tolliver said, “but we’re getting there and I hope to have a decision soon.
“Once they have their final (financial) figure and years guaranteed, that’s when I plan on making my decision –unless somebody comes in late,” he added.
The Warriors let Tolliver go because they had plenty of frontcourt depth, then they sent Anthony Randolph and Ronny Turiaf to New York in the David Lee swap. So they could use Toliver again.
But Golden State is a mystery — a new owner is coming in, the old coach (Don Nelson) is going out. Who knows what system they will be running. Who knows what kind of run Tolliver would get under the to-be-named coach.
Minnesota is just a team without a plan. They have some nice players, but none outside of Kevin Love seem a really good fit with the triangle offense they are supposed to be. They are overloaded at the four. GM David Kahn’s next move is likely to be random.
Tolliver said he prefers to return to Golden State, but it’s about the money. And the years, he’d like two. But as a young player who made “just” $427,000 last year he wants to get paid. Wherever that is.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37