Jul 28, 2010, 12:03 PM EDT
In a change that’s barely even cosmetic, the home court of the Philadelphia 76ers (and the Philadelphia Flyers, natch) has changed it’s name from the ‘Wachovia Center’ to the ‘Wells Fargo Center,’ according to the Associated Press. Maybe now they can take out a loan so they can actually buy a bucket? Or put up Andre Iguodala as collateral so they can manage to pay off Elton Brand’s mammoth contract?
Does this make the Sixers eligible for a federal bank bailout when Doug Collins can’t get the job done? Can Philly void Evan Turner’s disappointing Summer League performance? I’m drowning in the hyuck-hyuck-hyucks here, people.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8