Jul 28, 2010, 12:03 PM EDT
In a change that’s barely even cosmetic, the home court of the Philadelphia 76ers (and the Philadelphia Flyers, natch) has changed it’s name from the ‘Wachovia Center’ to the ‘Wells Fargo Center,’ according to the Associated Press. Maybe now they can take out a loan so they can actually buy a bucket? Or put up Andre Iguodala as collateral so they can manage to pay off Elton Brand’s mammoth contract?
Does this make the Sixers eligible for a federal bank bailout when Doug Collins can’t get the job done? Can Philly void Evan Turner’s disappointing Summer League performance? I’m drowning in the hyuck-hyuck-hyucks here, people.
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 0
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 16
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 30
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 26
- Report: Rick Adelman will not return as Timberwolves coach 12