Jul 28, 2010, 6:29 PM EDT
So a John Wall, Gilbert Arenas, Kirk Hinrich and Josh Howard back court rotation? Not shabby, not shabby at all.
The last of that came together Wednesday when Howard agreed to a one-year deal that, with bonuses, could be worth near $4 million, Howard’s consultant told Marc Spears of Yahoo.
Howard came over to Washington as part of the Brendan Haywood trade (seems like he was the bigger piece than Caron Butler right now, doesn’t it?). Then because it was the Wizards “Season in Hell” he blew out his knee three games in. He will be back next season.
The Wizards have some good players on the roster — the four guards, Andray Blatche in the paint with JaVale McGee in the mix, plus Al Thornton. Not a lot of pure shooters, but if the Wizards run like they should with Wall — like Sam Cassell said was the plan for the season — they should be able to get buckets. They have guys who can finish.
The Wizards are not going to challenge Orlando and Miami for Eastern supremacy, but they could be a whole lot of fun to watch.
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 9
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 29
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 31
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 42
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24