Jul 27, 2010, 5:28 PM EDT
Jannero Pargo is about to become the least popular Golden State Warrior.
He has reached terms with the Warriors for a two-year, $2.4 million deal, according to Marc Spears of Yahoo.
Why is Pargo about to be unpopular? Because he will be the backup point guard, the guy behind Stephen Curry and in front of crowd favorite Jeremy Lin. Every minute he is on the floor, a guy who the fans want to see won’t be.
If Don Nelson remains the coach, Pargo is a good fit with his system. He’s quick and energetic, shoots at a low percentage (34.6 percent last season and 27.5 percent from three) and defense is an afterthought. In any other system, he’s not really a good fit. Who knows what the system will be, who the owner and coach and general manager will be, so who knows how Pargo fits. But probably not all that well.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 78
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32