Jul 27, 2010, 5:28 PM EST
Jannero Pargo is about to become the least popular Golden State Warrior.
He has reached terms with the Warriors for a two-year, $2.4 million deal, according to Marc Spears of Yahoo.
Why is Pargo about to be unpopular? Because he will be the backup point guard, the guy behind Stephen Curry and in front of crowd favorite Jeremy Lin. Every minute he is on the floor, a guy who the fans want to see won’t be.
If Don Nelson remains the coach, Pargo is a good fit with his system. He’s quick and energetic, shoots at a low percentage (34.6 percent last season and 27.5 percent from three) and defense is an afterthought. In any other system, he’s not really a good fit. Who knows what the system will be, who the owner and coach and general manager will be, so who knows how Pargo fits. But probably not all that well.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 0
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 4
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 1
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 20
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 13
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (39)