Jul 27, 2010, 5:28 PM EST
Jannero Pargo is about to become the least popular Golden State Warrior.
He has reached terms with the Warriors for a two-year, $2.4 million deal, according to Marc Spears of Yahoo.
Why is Pargo about to be unpopular? Because he will be the backup point guard, the guy behind Stephen Curry and in front of crowd favorite Jeremy Lin. Every minute he is on the floor, a guy who the fans want to see won’t be.
If Don Nelson remains the coach, Pargo is a good fit with his system. He’s quick and energetic, shoots at a low percentage (34.6 percent last season and 27.5 percent from three) and defense is an afterthought. In any other system, he’s not really a good fit. Who knows what the system will be, who the owner and coach and general manager will be, so who knows how Pargo fits. But probably not all that well.
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 5
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 7
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 40
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 28