Jul 27, 2010, 5:28 PM EDT
Jannero Pargo is about to become the least popular Golden State Warrior.
He has reached terms with the Warriors for a two-year, $2.4 million deal, according to Marc Spears of Yahoo.
Why is Pargo about to be unpopular? Because he will be the backup point guard, the guy behind Stephen Curry and in front of crowd favorite Jeremy Lin. Every minute he is on the floor, a guy who the fans want to see won’t be.
If Don Nelson remains the coach, Pargo is a good fit with his system. He’s quick and energetic, shoots at a low percentage (34.6 percent last season and 27.5 percent from three) and defense is an afterthought. In any other system, he’s not really a good fit. Who knows what the system will be, who the owner and coach and general manager will be, so who knows how Pargo fits. But probably not all that well.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48