Jul 27, 2010, 5:28 PM EDT
Jannero Pargo is about to become the least popular Golden State Warrior.
He has reached terms with the Warriors for a two-year, $2.4 million deal, according to Marc Spears of Yahoo.
Why is Pargo about to be unpopular? Because he will be the backup point guard, the guy behind Stephen Curry and in front of crowd favorite Jeremy Lin. Every minute he is on the floor, a guy who the fans want to see won’t be.
If Don Nelson remains the coach, Pargo is a good fit with his system. He’s quick and energetic, shoots at a low percentage (34.6 percent last season and 27.5 percent from three) and defense is an afterthought. In any other system, he’s not really a good fit. Who knows what the system will be, who the owner and coach and general manager will be, so who knows how Pargo fits. But probably not all that well.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 18
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 66
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8