Jul 27, 2010, 9:27 AM EDT
Dwight Howard and Rajon Rondo have been sharing notes in class, apparently.
No shock that the top teams — led by the top competitors — see what happened in Miami and want to take it on. There’s no shortage of people around the league that want to knock the Heat down a notch or 12. Teams will not be backing down.
Howard and the Magic may be better suited than anyone to do that knocking. Miami still needs to prove their hastily-assembled collection of centers can protect the rim and keep Howard from tearing them up. Miami may be able to, Jamaal Magloire and Joel Anthony may be up to the task, but they are going to have to prove it.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 4
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 18
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14