Jul 27, 2010, 9:27 AM EDT
Dwight Howard and Rajon Rondo have been sharing notes in class, apparently.
No shock that the top teams — led by the top competitors — see what happened in Miami and want to take it on. There’s no shortage of people around the league that want to knock the Heat down a notch or 12. Teams will not be backing down.
Howard and the Magic may be better suited than anyone to do that knocking. Miami still needs to prove their hastily-assembled collection of centers can protect the rim and keep Howard from tearing them up. Miami may be able to, Jamaal Magloire and Joel Anthony may be up to the task, but they are going to have to prove it.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15