Jul 26, 2010, 12:51 PM EDT
Bobby Marks, who has been the New Jersey Nets’ Vice President of Basketball Operations for the last four years, has been made the new Assistant GM under the recently-hired Billy King.
From Inside Hoops:
In his new role, Marks will assist King in the areas of salary cap
management, scouting, player personnel and the day to day business of
basketball operations. A member of the department for 15 seasons,
Marks served as the team’s vice president of basketball operations for
the past four years. After originally joining the Nets as a public
relations intern in the spring of 1995, Marks was hired in January of
1996 as a basketball operations assistant. He is currently the longest
tenured member of the department.
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 9
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 0
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 14
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 3