Jul 26, 2010, 12:51 PM EDT
Bobby Marks, who has been the New Jersey Nets’ Vice President of Basketball Operations for the last four years, has been made the new Assistant GM under the recently-hired Billy King.
From Inside Hoops:
In his new role, Marks will assist King in the areas of salary cap
management, scouting, player personnel and the day to day business of
basketball operations. A member of the department for 15 seasons,
Marks served as the team’s vice president of basketball operations for
the past four years. After originally joining the Nets as a public
relations intern in the spring of 1995, Marks was hired in January of
1996 as a basketball operations assistant. He is currently the longest
tenured member of the department.
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 14
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 66
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 31
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 44
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 33