Jul 26, 2010, 8:03 PM EDT
NBA fans will no longer have to wonder what would happen if a team of NBA players featuring Baron Davis, Brandon Jennings, Amir Johnson, Aaron Brooks, and Chase Budinger played against the Chinese National Team:
BEIJING, July 24 (Xinhua) — Milwaukee Bucks star Brandon Jennings scored 23 points to give his team, composed of NBA stars, a 101-95 victory over Chinese men’s national team here on Saturday.The 21-year-old Jennings sank 10 out of 17 shots, pocketing a match-high 23 to shine in the charity-oriented game, which witnessed an exchange of players from both sides in the second half.Toronto Raptors’ Amir Johnson added 21 for the NBA star team which also featured All-Star guard Steve Nash from the Suns, Clippers’ talisman Baron Davis, as well as Chase Budinger and Aaron Brooks from the Houston Rockets.
The game was part of a charity tour for the Yao Foundation, which provides educational aid to poor children in Western China by building schools and providing scholarships. (Thanks to rehab from foot surgery, Yao did not actually play in the game.) Over the last couple of years, the NBA has become insanely popular in China — always good to see that popularity being used to raise money for a good cause.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 15
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9