Jul 26, 2010, 8:03 PM EDT
NBA fans will no longer have to wonder what would happen if a team of NBA players featuring Baron Davis, Brandon Jennings, Amir Johnson, Aaron Brooks, and Chase Budinger played against the Chinese National Team:
BEIJING, July 24 (Xinhua) — Milwaukee Bucks star Brandon Jennings scored 23 points to give his team, composed of NBA stars, a 101-95 victory over Chinese men’s national team here on Saturday.The 21-year-old Jennings sank 10 out of 17 shots, pocketing a match-high 23 to shine in the charity-oriented game, which witnessed an exchange of players from both sides in the second half.Toronto Raptors’ Amir Johnson added 21 for the NBA star team which also featured All-Star guard Steve Nash from the Suns, Clippers’ talisman Baron Davis, as well as Chase Budinger and Aaron Brooks from the Houston Rockets.
The game was part of a charity tour for the Yao Foundation, which provides educational aid to poor children in Western China by building schools and providing scholarships. (Thanks to rehab from foot surgery, Yao did not actually play in the game.) Over the last couple of years, the NBA has become insanely popular in China — always good to see that popularity being used to raise money for a good cause.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Orlando Magic 3
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 43
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 6
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11