Jul 26, 2010, 8:03 PM EDT
NBA fans will no longer have to wonder what would happen if a team of NBA players featuring Baron Davis, Brandon Jennings, Amir Johnson, Aaron Brooks, and Chase Budinger played against the Chinese National Team:
BEIJING, July 24 (Xinhua) — Milwaukee Bucks star Brandon Jennings scored 23 points to give his team, composed of NBA stars, a 101-95 victory over Chinese men’s national team here on Saturday.The 21-year-old Jennings sank 10 out of 17 shots, pocketing a match-high 23 to shine in the charity-oriented game, which witnessed an exchange of players from both sides in the second half.Toronto Raptors’ Amir Johnson added 21 for the NBA star team which also featured All-Star guard Steve Nash from the Suns, Clippers’ talisman Baron Davis, as well as Chase Budinger and Aaron Brooks from the Houston Rockets.
The game was part of a charity tour for the Yao Foundation, which provides educational aid to poor children in Western China by building schools and providing scholarships. (Thanks to rehab from foot surgery, Yao did not actually play in the game.) Over the last couple of years, the NBA has become insanely popular in China — always good to see that popularity being used to raise money for a good cause.
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 23
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 39
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 15
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 36
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 16
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 34