Jul 26, 2010, 8:03 PM EDT
NBA fans will no longer have to wonder what would happen if a team of NBA players featuring Baron Davis, Brandon Jennings, Amir Johnson, Aaron Brooks, and Chase Budinger played against the Chinese National Team:
BEIJING, July 24 (Xinhua) — Milwaukee Bucks star Brandon Jennings scored 23 points to give his team, composed of NBA stars, a 101-95 victory over Chinese men’s national team here on Saturday.The 21-year-old Jennings sank 10 out of 17 shots, pocketing a match-high 23 to shine in the charity-oriented game, which witnessed an exchange of players from both sides in the second half.Toronto Raptors’ Amir Johnson added 21 for the NBA star team which also featured All-Star guard Steve Nash from the Suns, Clippers’ talisman Baron Davis, as well as Chase Budinger and Aaron Brooks from the Houston Rockets.
The game was part of a charity tour for the Yao Foundation, which provides educational aid to poor children in Western China by building schools and providing scholarships. (Thanks to rehab from foot surgery, Yao did not actually play in the game.) Over the last couple of years, the NBA has become insanely popular in China — always good to see that popularity being used to raise money for a good cause.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 47
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 20
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6