Jul 26, 2010, 8:03 PM EST
NBA fans will no longer have to wonder what would happen if a team of NBA players featuring Baron Davis, Brandon Jennings, Amir Johnson, Aaron Brooks, and Chase Budinger played against the Chinese National Team:
BEIJING, July 24 (Xinhua) — Milwaukee Bucks star Brandon Jennings scored 23 points to give his team, composed of NBA stars, a 101-95 victory over Chinese men’s national team here on Saturday.The 21-year-old Jennings sank 10 out of 17 shots, pocketing a match-high 23 to shine in the charity-oriented game, which witnessed an exchange of players from both sides in the second half.Toronto Raptors’ Amir Johnson added 21 for the NBA star team which also featured All-Star guard Steve Nash from the Suns, Clippers’ talisman Baron Davis, as well as Chase Budinger and Aaron Brooks from the Houston Rockets.
The game was part of a charity tour for the Yao Foundation, which provides educational aid to poor children in Western China by building schools and providing scholarships. (Thanks to rehab from foot surgery, Yao did not actually play in the game.) Over the last couple of years, the NBA has become insanely popular in China — always good to see that popularity being used to raise money for a good cause.
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 0
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 1
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 0
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 4
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 24
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 33