Jul 26, 2010, 11:18 AM EDT
Kendrick Perkins could likely play for New Zealand’s national team, if he were interested. Not this summer, as Perk is likely to be out of action until December of January with a torn ACL. But supposing the ‘Tall Blacks’ could persuade Perk to play, they could add a physical defensive presence inside that would help New Zealand compete against other mid-level national teams.
It won’t happen. Kenny Perkins, Kendrick’s father and the avenue through which Perk would likely have FIBA eligibility for the New Zealand team, insists that Perk has no interest whatsoever in playing for the Tall Blacks. That makes sense, considering Perkins was already included on Team USA’s active roster released earlier this year, and could have been a viable candidate for the World Championship this summer if not for an unfortunate injury.
Tough luck, New Zealanders. At least you’re not Australians, though.
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 8
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 23
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 8
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 14
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 101
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (101)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'