Jul 25, 2010, 8:24 AM EDT
Little known fact: Rasual Butler set a Clipper team record for most three pointers made in a season last year with 149.
Part of that was because he and Eric Gordon were the only two reliable three point shooters on the team, and Butler barely so shooting 33.6 percent on the season. Butler got a lot of looks (teams worked harder at running Gordon off that shot, the now-playing-down-the-hall Steve Blake barely got any and Baron Davis kept launching threes even though he couldn’t make them).
So it makes sense that he is back — the Clippers have agreed to terms with Butler for another season, according to Lisa Dillman of the Los Angeles Times.
He provides depth, although don’t be shocked if his minutes and three point attempts drop this season with Ryan Gomes and Al-Farouq Aminu now on the roster. Butler still provides some solid veteran depth for the Clippers off the bench.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 76
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32