Jul 25, 2010, 8:24 AM EDT
Little known fact: Rasual Butler set a Clipper team record for most three pointers made in a season last year with 149.
Part of that was because he and Eric Gordon were the only two reliable three point shooters on the team, and Butler barely so shooting 33.6 percent on the season. Butler got a lot of looks (teams worked harder at running Gordon off that shot, the now-playing-down-the-hall Steve Blake barely got any and Baron Davis kept launching threes even though he couldn’t make them).
So it makes sense that he is back — the Clippers have agreed to terms with Butler for another season, according to Lisa Dillman of the Los Angeles Times.
He provides depth, although don’t be shocked if his minutes and three point attempts drop this season with Ryan Gomes and Al-Farouq Aminu now on the roster. Butler still provides some solid veteran depth for the Clippers off the bench.
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 6
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 18
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 70
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 66
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14