Jul 25, 2010, 6:05 PM EDT
Apparently LRMR’s idea of damage control is “If you’ve got it, flaunt it.”
Examiner.com brings us the story of LeBron’s weekend in Vegas. James pulled out of Team USA’s trials in Turkey due to the stress of his business ventures and adjustment to wherever it was he was going to wind up in free agency (which was resolved within two weeks of July). But don’t worry, he was out in Vegas to support the team. And by “support the team,” I mean, “party in Vegas with Dwyane Wade and Chris Paul (which should make Hornets fans just giddy after the last week).”
Okay, that’s a little unfair. There are legitimate reasons for James not to participate in the World Championships, and whatever he wants to do in his free time is his business. But in case you were wondering, a “quiet weekend with friends” was not exactly the hook.
Friday night, James partied at Lavo at The Palazzo, featuring several NBA superstars, a cake in the shape of his jersey, and a champagne-drenched VIP experience at Lavo’s nightclub. But he was just getting started. Saturday, James and his entourage were joined by Dwyane Wade and Chris Paul at Tao Beach. They were greeted by this experience, via the Examiner:
“At one point the fans in the pool chanted his name and James pulled out his camera to capture the moment. “
James and company enjoyed dinner and dancing at Tao that night, including a cake in the shape of, get this, a gigantic crown (seriously, click through for the images).
If the spectacle of “The Decision” made people sick of James, stuff like this isn’t going to help his image rehabilitation. Then again, maybe at this point James simply doesn’t care. And judging by the presence of fans at the events, it would appear most people aren’t turning on James the way the media and, well, the entire state of Ohio (rightfully) has.
Oh, and yeah, Chris Paul spent the entire weekend hanging out with LeBron James. So there’s that.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 3
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 22
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 78
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19