Jul 25, 2010, 6:05 PM EST
Apparently LRMR’s idea of damage control is “If you’ve got it, flaunt it.”
Examiner.com brings us the story of LeBron’s weekend in Vegas. James pulled out of Team USA’s trials in Turkey due to the stress of his business ventures and adjustment to wherever it was he was going to wind up in free agency (which was resolved within two weeks of July). But don’t worry, he was out in Vegas to support the team. And by “support the team,” I mean, “party in Vegas with Dwyane Wade and Chris Paul (which should make Hornets fans just giddy after the last week).”
Okay, that’s a little unfair. There are legitimate reasons for James not to participate in the World Championships, and whatever he wants to do in his free time is his business. But in case you were wondering, a “quiet weekend with friends” was not exactly the hook.
Friday night, James partied at Lavo at The Palazzo, featuring several NBA superstars, a cake in the shape of his jersey, and a champagne-drenched VIP experience at Lavo’s nightclub. But he was just getting started. Saturday, James and his entourage were joined by Dwyane Wade and Chris Paul at Tao Beach. They were greeted by this experience, via the Examiner:
“At one point the fans in the pool chanted his name and James pulled out his camera to capture the moment. “
James and company enjoyed dinner and dancing at Tao that night, including a cake in the shape of, get this, a gigantic crown (seriously, click through for the images).
If the spectacle of “The Decision” made people sick of James, stuff like this isn’t going to help his image rehabilitation. Then again, maybe at this point James simply doesn’t care. And judging by the presence of fans at the events, it would appear most people aren’t turning on James the way the media and, well, the entire state of Ohio (rightfully) has.
Oh, and yeah, Chris Paul spent the entire weekend hanging out with LeBron James. So there’s that.
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 0
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 15
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5