Jul 25, 2010, 6:05 PM EST
Apparently LRMR’s idea of damage control is “If you’ve got it, flaunt it.”
Examiner.com brings us the story of LeBron’s weekend in Vegas. James pulled out of Team USA’s trials in Turkey due to the stress of his business ventures and adjustment to wherever it was he was going to wind up in free agency (which was resolved within two weeks of July). But don’t worry, he was out in Vegas to support the team. And by “support the team,” I mean, “party in Vegas with Dwyane Wade and Chris Paul (which should make Hornets fans just giddy after the last week).”
Okay, that’s a little unfair. There are legitimate reasons for James not to participate in the World Championships, and whatever he wants to do in his free time is his business. But in case you were wondering, a “quiet weekend with friends” was not exactly the hook.
Friday night, James partied at Lavo at The Palazzo, featuring several NBA superstars, a cake in the shape of his jersey, and a champagne-drenched VIP experience at Lavo’s nightclub. But he was just getting started. Saturday, James and his entourage were joined by Dwyane Wade and Chris Paul at Tao Beach. They were greeted by this experience, via the Examiner:
“At one point the fans in the pool chanted his name and James pulled out his camera to capture the moment. “
James and company enjoyed dinner and dancing at Tao that night, including a cake in the shape of, get this, a gigantic crown (seriously, click through for the images).
If the spectacle of “The Decision” made people sick of James, stuff like this isn’t going to help his image rehabilitation. Then again, maybe at this point James simply doesn’t care. And judging by the presence of fans at the events, it would appear most people aren’t turning on James the way the media and, well, the entire state of Ohio (rightfully) has.
Oh, and yeah, Chris Paul spent the entire weekend hanging out with LeBron James. So there’s that.
- Report: JaVale McGee close to signing with Celtics 12
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 13
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 12
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18