Jul 25, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
You’d think he would have noticed everything. The monumental backlash to “The Decision.” The massive criticism for Wade even mentioning 9/11. The plummeting Q ratings.
You’d think Chris Bosh would have noticed that all the attention and self-aggrandizement the Big 3 in Miami have brought on themselves has been too much and they need to pull it back. You’d be wrong for thinking so.
Ira Winderman brings us this quote from Bosh in discussion with ESPN:
“The documentary is coming along great,” he told ESPN. “I filmed a lot
of footage. I have over 80 hours of footage taped, and I’m just trying
to find out a direction and style that I want to incorporate. I might
make it into an hour special.” Or even more. “Well, it could be a
two-hour special. It might be a mini-series,” he said. “It will have a
24/7 feel. . . . I’ve been studying a lot and seeing what’s the best
avenue to take it in.”
The documentary will pull in ratings, just as “The Decision” did. But just because people will watch something doesn’t mean they’ll like it. And part of Bosh’s brand management is not just getting his name out there, but making sure people like what he’s pushing. And it’s hard to imagine this will go over well.
There’s a phrase, something about how sausage is made, that comes to mind.
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 3
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 4
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 9
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 37
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 16
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record