Jul 24, 2010, 8:33 AM EDT
You remember when we finally got through “The Decision” and we were so excited because we wouldn’t have to talk about LeBron for a while? Well, Chris Paul has come in and hijacked our summer away from us.
Howard Beck of the New York Times, that fancy inkrag up New York way brings us news that Chris Paul has told a league official while in Vegas that he has not officially signed on with LRMR, LeBron James’ marketing firm run by Maverick Carter. From the Times;
Although he is considering LRMR, Paul said he had not yet made a
decision, according to the official, who asked to remain anonymous to
protect their relationship.
Paul cut ties with his longtime agency, Octagon, earlier this month.
He has hired one significant member of James’s circle: Leon Rose, an
agent with C.A.A. Rose is close to William Wesley, a confidant to
several N.B.A. players, including James.
So at least part of Paul is resisting being under the spell of LRMR. With Adrian Wojnarowski’s bombastic article fileting Paul for letting LRMR essentially run his life, (true story: the article supposes that James and Maverick fly around wearing cloaks and cackling maniacally) (that’s not a true story), Paul may be getting antsy about all the criticism of him being a pawn in LRMR’s game.
LRMR’s popularity is at an all-time low after “The Decision” and the ensuing aftermath, and this whole Paul situation isn’t helping at all. Then again, there are a ton of questions as to whether the Paul rumors were sourced from Paul, LRMR, or the CAA branch run by William Wesley.
It’s become pretty obvious that there’s a lot of confusion reigning regarding the CP3 trade rumors. Maybe after Monday’s meeting between Paul and team officials, we’ll get some clarity. Don’t hold your breath, though. You’ll wind up passing out like Cleveland.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61