Jul 24, 2010, 1:30 PM EST
After Donnie Walsh tapped him to make their final pitch to LeBron James (that went well), there were discussions that the Knicks were looking at Isiah Thomas to fill their GM position. Subsequently, Knicks fans began experiencing a range of symptoms, including nausea, vomiting, vertigo, and an uncontrollable urge to destroy everything in their path.
This is mostly due to the fact that Thomas was without question the single worst GM in modern NBA history, potentially in the history of professional sports. He acquired the worst kinds of contracts for players who ranged from mediocre to outright terrible. He was sued for sexual harassment and even his draft picks, which were considered high points, wound up as terrible outside of David Lee.
Luckily for Knicks fans, good news has been confirmed. The NY Post reports that a source close to the Knicks confirmed “there is no job for him there now.” The door isn’t completely closed, but with Walsh repeatedly confirming he will not be hiring a GM this summer and Allan Houston a leading candidate, it looks like Knick fans don’t have to worry about the return of the franchise destroyer.
But he’s out there.
Preparing to sign someone absolutely terrible to a max contract while trading away picks and young players for marginal talent with huge contracts. He’s seen what David Kahn has done. And he will not have his legacy overwritten. Thomas is always there, lurking for the chance to return.
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 14
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 14
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2