Jul 23, 2010, 8:26 PM EDT
Lorenzen Wright — the 13-year NBA veteran center who has been out of the game for a couple years — has been reported missing by his family.
He has been missing since Sunday, when he was expected to fly to meet family in the Memphis area, but never arrived. According to the report on WREG television in Memphis, Wright’s family has filed a missing persons report and is very worried.
Wright stared at the University of Memphis was the No. 7 pick in the 1996 NBA draft by the Los Angeles Clippers. He went on to have a long career playing with Atlanta and Memphis, then finishing his career in Cleveland during the 08-09 season.
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 1
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 84
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9