Jul 23, 2010, 8:26 PM EDT
Lorenzen Wright — the 13-year NBA veteran center who has been out of the game for a couple years — has been reported missing by his family.
He has been missing since Sunday, when he was expected to fly to meet family in the Memphis area, but never arrived. According to the report on WREG television in Memphis, Wright’s family has filed a missing persons report and is very worried.
Wright stared at the University of Memphis was the No. 7 pick in the 1996 NBA draft by the Los Angeles Clippers. He went on to have a long career playing with Atlanta and Memphis, then finishing his career in Cleveland during the 08-09 season.
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 0
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 30
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 4
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 10
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 19