Jul 23, 2010, 8:26 PM EST
Lorenzen Wright — the 13-year NBA veteran center who has been out of the game for a couple years — has been reported missing by his family.
He has been missing since Sunday, when he was expected to fly to meet family in the Memphis area, but never arrived. According to the report on WREG television in Memphis, Wright’s family has filed a missing persons report and is very worried.
Wright stared at the University of Memphis was the No. 7 pick in the 1996 NBA draft by the Los Angeles Clippers. He went on to have a long career playing with Atlanta and Memphis, then finishing his career in Cleveland during the 08-09 season.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 0
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 3
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 17
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 8
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6