Jul 23, 2010, 10:31 AM EDT
The Lakers signed another big man, someone who can come off the bench and protect the rim.
Theo Ratliff will not bring the high-quality iPod playlist that Josh Powell had in the Lakers locker room, but on the court the defensive-minded Ratliff should be a solid addition playing the same role. Ratliff reached a one-year, $1.35 million deal with the Lakers.
What the Lakers want and need is a guy who can play a few minutes, help fill in during injuries, and no be on a mistake-heavy rookie learning curve.
Here is the official quote from Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak: “Theo has long been considered one of the best defensive big men in the league. He is a consummate professional and a welcome addition to our team. Together with Bynum, Gasol, Odom and Artest, he gives us a formidable and deep front line.”
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 7
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 5
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7