Jul 23, 2010, 10:31 AM EDT
The Lakers signed another big man, someone who can come off the bench and protect the rim.
Theo Ratliff will not bring the high-quality iPod playlist that Josh Powell had in the Lakers locker room, but on the court the defensive-minded Ratliff should be a solid addition playing the same role. Ratliff reached a one-year, $1.35 million deal with the Lakers.
What the Lakers want and need is a guy who can play a few minutes, help fill in during injuries, and no be on a mistake-heavy rookie learning curve.
Here is the official quote from Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak: “Theo has long been considered one of the best defensive big men in the league. He is a consummate professional and a welcome addition to our team. Together with Bynum, Gasol, Odom and Artest, he gives us a formidable and deep front line.”
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 21
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25