Jul 23, 2010, 5:01 PM EDT
UPDATE: 5:01 pm: Antoine Wright is a King. You can all rest and enjoy your weekend now, and everyone in Sacramento may leave work early and head to happy hour. Wright has proclaimed you can.
11:57 am: The idea of getting a defensive specialist out of Toronto — the worst defensive team in the NBA last season — seems oxymoronic. But that is what the Kings are about to do.
The Kings are near a one-year deal with Antoine Wright, something first reported by Tim Cowlishaw the Dallas Morning News. The idea is that Wright could help defensively, but can he? Did he really help the sad defense in Toronto last season?
Tom Ziller over at Sactown Royalty spent the time on Synergy, watched the video and found that Wright is a pretty good defender.
On the whole, Wright is solid enough defender to help the Kings along this season. Best of all, perhaps, is that his reputation is solely made on defense, so he’ll know his role and (hopefully) limit his offense to taking open shots created by Evans, Beno and Mystery Third Ball-Handling Guard To Be Named Later.
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 2
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 3
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 27
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17